Embarrassing or Unusual Addictions (1 Viewer)

What is your Addiction?

• Food Related Addiction

Votes: 2 100.0%
  • Sexual Addiction

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Game Addiction

• Other- Discuss below.

• Total voters

Sadiah

HSC
but still, over-hydration can kill you....most people that drink that excessively are competing in sporting events
It's not as excessive as it may sound.

Drinking around 8-10 glasses of water a day, by taking sips every 10-20 mins is not really excessive.

Plus, I sleep as well, so minus like 7-10 hours.

Together

HSC
but still, over-hydration can kill you....most people that drink that excessively are competing in sporting events
wasnt there a story of a person taking a certain drug that makes u 'thin' but it does that by sending messages to the brain saying ur thirsty instead of hungry. and well... they over drank and 'drowned'.
I think thats the term used when drinking fatal amounts of water.

Sadiah

HSC
wasnt there a story of a person taking a certain drug that makes u 'thin' but it does that by sending messages to the brain saying ur thirsty instead of hungry. and well... they over drank and 'drowned'.
I think thats the term used when drinking fatal amounts of water.
How much water is that approx. and in what time frame is that amount of water consumed?

Together

HSC
How much water is that approx. and in what time frame is that amount of water consumed?
not exactly sure but..
hm okay. i looked it up
its called water intoxication
Just bits a pieces from wiki
The recommendation from the medical field is to drink about 1.2 liters per day depending upon body mass. Water intoxication would only occur at levels far higher than that.
Healthy kidneys are able to excrete approximately 1 liter of fluid per hour.

so i think around 2L an hour for afew hours would definitely do damage.
I think it was around 8L an hour some1 did.. ended up dead.

hm obviously if your doin heavy exercise there would be alot more water loss hence it would be reasonable to have a higher water intake during that time. Dont think it would mean u have to take 8L. I think its wat comes out must be replaced, equal amounts.

Last edited:

Sadiah

HSC
not exactly sure but..
hm okay. i looked it up
its called water intoxication
Just bits a pieces from wiki
The recommendation from the medical field is to drink about 1.2 liters per day depending upon body mass. Water intoxication would only occur at levels far higher than that.
Healthy kidneys are able to excrete approximately 1 liter of fluid per hour.

so i think around 2L an hour for afew hours would definitely do damage.
I think it was around 8L an hour some1 did.. ended up dead.
Yerr, that's crazy to the max.

I'm not that crazy, relax people.

Together

HSC
Yerr, that's crazy to the max.

I'm not that crazy, relax people.
hm :) didnt think so. hehe
wen i drink alot of water it's fun coz if u jump around and stuff u can hear the slosh in ur tummy.
I do it with my gf. we eat heaps, drink heaps and we just slosh around in bed laughing to the sounds.

Together

HSC
btw i noticed quite afew of you guys/girls out there polled in for the sexual addiction.
Could somebody explain and exactly how they manage it?
If they don't mind. I think i may be starting to have a problem toward that. Not quite sure yet.

Nadiaa

HSC
hmmm.. im addicted to the internet- esp. msn
its crazy! like i feel like i HAVE to go on regardless if i am going to talk to anyone or not. i would go on and just appear offline.
lol i promised my friend im not coming on til 10 tonight and im already struggling!

hmm iv got other addictions but none seem to be coming to me atm lol

Together

HSC
hmmm.. im addicted to the internet- esp. msn
its crazy! like i feel like i HAVE to go on regardless if i am going to talk to anyone or not. i would go on and just appear offline.
lol i promised my friend im not coming on til 10 tonight and im already struggling!

hmm iv got other addictions but none seem to be coming to me atm lol

haha yeh i think the fact that there is sum1 u can talk to u wenever is some wat comforting. I do the same at times. But i try to disconnect myself from the internet wen it does come to a point of distraction.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)