emotionally clingy friends are shit (2 Viewers)

K

katie_tully

So I have two guy friends.
Friend 1 broke up with his girlfriend/fiance of 5 years in Jan. So that was all okay, we gave him time, he did the whole 'OMG I WANT TO KILL MYSELF TEH WORLD SUCKS' thing, but you know, whatever. Anyway he became interested in this other chick and was attempting to court her. AND THEN HE FOUND OUT HIS EX WAS SEEING ANOTHER GUY WHICH IS TOTALLY UNACCEPTABLE. Which I don't get. He was seeing a chick, so why cant the ex?
So 7 months later I am still hearing about what a slutcunt the ex is and she wont return his calls and etc.
I'm over it. I just dont care anymore. FFS.

Friend 2
Has a girlfriend. Sort of, theyre dating. And he like keeps asking me what he should do. "Should I ask her out?", "Should I message her first or wait until she messages me?' to which I replied, 'thats dumb, you're not 14 quit playing games. if you wanna message her, fkn message her'.

Emotionally clingy friends are shit and draining.

/End Vent

faov

HSC
oh I wish I had friends like that!! that would be so cool, you can like help them (and its great for self confidence)!

Actually, I think I'm like one of those "emotionally clingy" people that you dislike so strongly, but my friends are SUPPORTIVE and KIND and ACCEPTING of me. Like whenever I cry, they just hug me and offer helpful advice/compliments/comments. Maybe you should envision yourself in the position your friends are in, and be a great friend and support them. In any case, just be like my friends. Pretend you're me - cry because you don't have a boyfriend and get your straight friends to help you. Now be my friends and offer yourself advice. See, it really is good for your confidence.

K

katie_tully

Dude no, not for 7 straight months. If you were my friend, I would have hit you upside the head for being such a whiney brat.
You know, while they're hugging you they're also thinking what a pain in their anal canal you are.

faov

HSC
katie_tully said:
Dude no, not for 7 straight months. If you were my friend, I would have hit you upside the head for being such a whiney brat.
You know, while they're hugging you they're also thinking what a pain in their anal canal you are.
Well I've never had a boyfriend so its been like 16 years, and my friends are kind and supportive and would never even think of behavior so nasty. I'm serious, you really need to improve your social skills and to stop being so conceited. They're going through a difficult time, and you should be there for them.

K

katie_tully

Hahaha. Oh, you're 16. You don't really know.
These people aren't 16, they're in their mid 20s. I dont mind being supportive, but I have my limit. If you read the initial post, you would realise what a git the first friend is being.

You're 16, you dont need a boyfriend. You're better off having fun with the chicks at this age, boys are dumb.

Tulipa

Loose lips sink ships
to the left, a little below the right and right in
HSC
faov said:
Well I've never had a boyfriend so its been like 16 years, and my friends are kind and supportive and would never even think of behavior so nasty. I'm serious, you really need to improve your social skills and to stop being so conceited. They're going through a difficult time, and you should be there for them.
There is a limit to how much emotional crap you can take from one person. After awhile it gets beyond helping them as a friend and being their bouncing board for their continuing and baseless misery.

You should stop taking advantage of people so much.

faov

HSC
katie_tully said:
Hahaha. Oh, you're 16. You don't really know.You're 16, you dont need a boyfriend. You're better off having fun with the chicks at this age, boys are dumb.
eww... no offence, but girls are kindof disgusting/offputting

i'm not afraid of them though, and of course i respect them and believe they should have equal rights, etc. but i don't want to date them and i certainly don't like the sexist comment you made about my gender

K

katie_tully

i didnt make any sexist comments about your gender, because up until like 5 minutes ago I was sure you were a chick.

HSC
Yea TBH one of the things I've noticed from a lot of my mates etc is that there is a large # of guys out there that really do get all upset over their girlfriends/exes and like wonder what they're thinking about them and such... more than females even I'd say ^___^

K

katie_tully

Initially it started off okay, I could understand why he was pissed. Then there was a period where it seemed like he was over it, he found a new chick and he and the ex were on good terms. Then she found a new bf and he just did his nut, he's posting all sorts of shit about her on his myspace and he just goes on and on and on about it. Now he rekons she dumped him because he has depression and is playing the whole 'OMG I AM TEH DEPRESSED IM GUNNA END IT ALL NOW CARD' but he's being such a melodramatic whore about it. I havent told him yet, but... GAH

faov

HSC
katie_tully said:
Initially it started off okay, I could understand why he was pissed. Then there was a period where it seemed like he was over it, he found a new chick and he and the ex were on good terms. Then she found a new bf and he just did his nut, he's posting all sorts of shit about her on his myspace and he just goes on and on and on about it. Now he rekons she dumped him because he has depression and is playing the whole 'OMG I AM TEH DEPRESSED IM GUNNA END IT ALL NOW CARD' but he's being such a melodramatic whore about it. I havent told him yet, but... GAH
Maybe you need to sit down and talk with him about. Sometimes discussing things can lead to a resolution that you're both satisfied with. Sure, posting horrible things on his myspace is bad, but you're no better (no offence!!) by posting this complaint on the internet. Just speak to your friend and be what friends are good at - talking :D

K

katie_tully

okay, you seriously need to fuck off from this thread before i stab you in the eyeball.

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC
faov said:
oh I wish I had friends like that!! that would be so cool, you can like help them (and its great for self confidence)!

Actually, I think I'm like one of those "emotionally clingy" people that you dislike so strongly, but my friends are SUPPORTIVE and KIND and ACCEPTING of me. Like whenever I cry, they just hug me and offer helpful advice/compliments/comments. Maybe you should envision yourself in the position your friends are in, and be a great friend and support them. In any case, just be like my friends. Pretend you're me - cry because you don't have a boyfriend and get your straight friends to help you. Now be my friends and offer yourself advice. See, it really is good for your confidence.
If you were my friend i would tell you to harden the fuck up and dont ever cry in front of me again.

Emotional problems? thats ok. Crying about them like a little bitch rather than trying to solve them? go directly to sex change clinic, do not pass go, do not collect your man card.

melmelzz

HSC
HEYHEYHEY! lol i totally understand you. I mean these problems are EVERYWHERE but when enoughs enough you just got to tell them otherwise who are they going to run to for help?? :eek:

**points to you**:) lol

Yes, those nagging friends are sometimes annoying but if they can put up with you then you might as well be there for them. Although the *GET ME THE F*CKING GUN I WANT TO ..yerh blah blah* thingo is abit insane I think that guy needs to calm down?!
He is so clingy... still attached to his ex like he owns her you know? I don't like those guys =.=
Its hard to convince them they're wrong. They need a break.. kitkat anyone?:rofl:

sthcross.dude

HSC
I have some emotional friends (NOT EMO - EMOTIONAL) and yeh they're great. I like having deep and meaningful conversations from time to time.

melmelzz

HSC
sthcross.dude said:
I have some emotional friends (NOT EMO - EMOTIONAL) and yeh they're great. I like having deep and meaningful conversations from time to time.
thats alright, sounds cool :)

EMO people scare me =/

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)