Employers biased against some Uni's (1 Viewer)

nahi11

HSC
Hi,

I was thinking about my career options and what I want to do in Uni. My first preference would be either UNSW or USYD. However, I am worried I may not get the ATAR required for it. I have heard that employers prefer graduates from the 'top' universities such as UNSW and that they mostly disregard students from Uni's such as UWS. This also what my close relatives have said who work for private institution from personal experience. So I do think there is some credibility to this point.

So what are your opinions about it?

Please note that I'm not trying to insult students who go to UWS, I just used them as an example.

nahi11

HSC
Seriously I need some genuine responses - from people who actually have some experience.

harrisony

goodbye cruel world
HSC
N/A
I am being serious.

UWS is shit.

At places like UNSW, what often happens is that you will have chances you have internships with businesses etc.

SO unless you want to enter the public servent sector, graduating at UWS won't help.

It doesn't mean getting into first yesar UWS and tranferring is bad to UNSW isn't bad, hence actually you should.
um...what would you know?

nahi11

HSC
I haven't actually decided, but the few that do look enticing require over 98%. (at UNSW)

powlmao

Banned
HSC
um...what would you know?
-.- You got me

But alot of my friends at work who go to uni (They do commerces/economics/engineering ) say that and tell me how its much easier to gain an internship via UNSW

harrisony

goodbye cruel world
HSC
N/A
-.- You got me

But alot of my friends at work who go to uni (They do commerces/economics/engineering ) say that and tell me how its much easier to gain an internship via UNSW
and let me guess, they are all UNSW students?

powlmao

Banned
HSC
I haven't actually decided, but the few that do look enticing require over 98%. (at UNSW)
So?

I am assuming this would be USYD or UNSW.

Get into Macquarie or something. Do a year then transfer

nahi11

HSC
I'm talking about worst case scenario. Let's say I require an ATAR of 99+ (at UNSW) but I get 94, then the only option for me will be UWS for that course.

nahi11

HSC
If it isn't Law or Coop, you can get extra bonus points from HSC plus and Being the top atar student to go to UNSW

So in theory you could get in with 88
Lol most of the courses I want to do are excluded from it.

powlmao

Banned
HSC
Lol most of the courses I want to do are excluded from it.
The top ATAR mark bonus marks dont get excluded

Hence you can get in with 93, and you said you might get 94

Problem solved.

Also, FYI for med, at the current state we are so short in numbers it doens't matter

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)