ENCORE 2004 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

moon_styla

[16527th BoS member]
HSC
trumpet geek said:
you dont necesarily get nominated just cos you get full marks... But yeah the ones that get in are the ones that did get full marks or something close. BUt its gota be consistent - like you could get full marks for one piece but if u did pretty shit in the others then you prolly wont get nominated... they are more likely to pick you if you did really well in all your pieces cos then they know youll do an outstanding performance. So yeah well done moon styla!!!!!!!!!
thx trumpet geek. and yeah ur probably right about getting nominated. i guess if someone got all 14/15's or anything close to full marks, they'd still get nominated coz they were consistent in their performance and 14/15 is reeeally good.

tollo

I got nominated last year fo one/more of the 4 compositions I did. Sucked so much.

I got a letter from the BOS saying congratulations you've been nominated but theres no rrom in the program for your music as we only play 2 compositions at most.

So annoying!

Anyway fellow musicians, if I could please distract you from study for a miunte. This will only take you a couple of minutes and you could end up winning a $700 mobile phone!

I'm a finalist in a Virgin Mobile Competition and if I win they will pay my rent for a whole year! All I have to do is get the most votes via email and SMS by the 18/10. So please vote 4 me!?

All you have to do is go to: http://www.onthehouse.com.au/finalist.aspx?c_id=17 and enter your email on the left hand side of the screen. By entering you go in the draw to win one of 24 Motorola E398's worth over $700 ea! Just then go into your email and click on the link in an automatically generated email that Virgin Mobile send you. You must do this in cast your vote+be entered in the competion for the phones. Can vote only once from each email address

Alternatively SMS 'rob t' to 043VOTE4ME. If your out of credit or pissed off at your parents, just use their phones. Can SMS up to 10 times from each number.

Hope you all vote and get behind me. If you see me being a clown around town, say hi and I'll give you a free Listerine pocket Pak for voting. I might just be parading the streets in a giant nappy allowing people to peg a water balloon at me in exchange for a vote!

Cheers, hope you win a phone!

Rob T

Help Kick Rob T Out of Home!

ps, best of luck with the hsc and all. Check out my eco, buso, english and music notes. those babies served me well!

vicksta

HSC
One of my friends from school got nominated - im not sure how he found out, i think it was our teacher that told him - i knew he would, hes such a freakily good sax player, and he never gets nervous, damn him!!! Congrats moon styla, thats awesome!! And, youre a pianist, arent you?? You must be soooo awesome to have got nominated on piano, there must be gazillions of pianists out there!!!

Crikket

Exactly Member
HSC
CONGRATULATIONS MOONSTYLA!!!!!
awww one from our very own boredofstudies encore thread!
*tear*
this is so exciting, i hope you get in so i can go see you at encore and go "YYYUP! i know that piano genius right there!"
wish you luck!

moon_styla

[16527th BoS member]
HSC
ahh gosh everyone's so supportive.. :eek: man.. u guys r champs!

i wonder how many pianists they'll put in the concert this year... *sigh*

chepas

HSC
Haha... BOS invasion of Encore, hehe :D. What a place for a meet-up :p.

How long do they make you wait after you send the video tape in? More waiting game...

moon_styla

[16527th BoS member]
HSC
i dunno how long i gotta wait.. if the concert's next year, i'll probably have to wait till like jan or feb next year?? OR they could let u know in dec? or after HSC.

lol i wouldnt have a clue!

ujuphleg

oo-joo-fleg
HSC
CONGRATULATIONS moon_styla!!! man thats absolutley brilliant to get nominated for Encore. We'll invade and be your cheer squad!! :)

Emily.

Pro-VSU
HSC
yeah im gonna go along and watch
i think my performance was pretty good, for me anyway, but i wont get into encore! no way...theres a chick from my school that i think might, but she was real disappointed with her performances so i dunno
bet yeh ill come along and see
what do u play moon styla?

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
tollo said:
I got nominated last year fo one/more of the 4 compositions I did. Sucked so much.

I got a letter from the BOS saying congratulations you've been nominated but theres no rrom in the program for your music as we only play 2 compositions at most.

So annoying!
WHAT!?!?!

They only play 2 compositions at most!??! Sorry, HOW MANY PEOPLE would elect composition in the state, and they choose TWO!??!

*cries*

Isn't that a tad inconsistant with how many people they get for performers...

actually how many DO they elect?

Crikket

Exactly Member
HSC
ujuphleg said:
CONGRATULATIONS moon_styla!!! man thats absolutley brilliant to get nominated for Encore. We'll invade and be your cheer squad!! :)
yes we are so there!
hi 5 to ujuphleg for starting the cheer squad

Crikket

Exactly Member
HSC
ur_inner_child said:
WHAT!?!?!

They only play 2 compositions at most!??! Sorry, HOW MANY PEOPLE would elect composition in the state, and they choose TWO!??!

*cries*

Isn't that a tad inconsistant with how many people they get for performers...

actually how many DO they elect?
awww there there
*pats ur inner child's back*
i didn't even know they played compositions...
lol, how educational is this forum!

chepas

HSC
Yer 2 Comps seems very little! I saw this stat sheet that the numbers for what music candidates chose as their electives. I wish I still had it. I remember looking at the comp extension one and went 'shit... what a huge candidature, not!'.

Is it because that they actually get an ensemble to play it? Or does the composer bring in their own musos and conducts their own work? Because if they have a lot of comps its a lot of music to learn, particularly numbers-wise.... or would that not be an issue?

timyates_87

Hello.
HSC
at this years Encore they had 4 composers perform out of 19 performances all up..

Eddie2004

HSC
question

Hi - just wondering - how does the audience work - ie - do the year 12's get to go - or is it something the public gets tickets for - and when abouts is it on? Thanks all!

kylie_robbo

The public can buy tickets, but mostly (well, the day performance anyway) is school students... It was on in early March this year.

olay

HSC
wow congrats to u guys for getting nominated, that's fantastic :D when do u find out if u get in?? and yeah, eddie2004, tickets are open to the public. i went to a night performance and the audience was pretty mixed.

Crikket

Exactly Member
HSC
your teacher should tell you, otherwise you should get a letter from board of studies bearing the good news... but the video has to be in my 15th of oct (was it?) so if you haven't heard anything... :(
i just heard this mad piano guy who used to go to my school got in, but he's fantastic so i hope he gets in :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)