• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

ENCORE 2004 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

pristine

HSC
james, did you ask ur sister?
humhum, encore sounds like a pianorama this year.
not too appealing as previous years.
hopefully, there will be a drum piece/guitar/bass.

moon_styla

[16527th BoS member]
HSC
pristine said:
james, did you ask ur sister?
yep yep i asked my sister.. and she pointed u out to me in this year 5 or 6 photo hahahaha!!! i remember who u are now... oh and i asked fiona about u too... fiona said recently janice n stuff have been visiting u n that?? err i dunno... but yeah! i know u now hehe

pristine said:
humhum, encore sounds like a pianorama this year.
not too appealing as previous years.
hopefully, there will be a drum piece/guitar/bass.
yeh lots of piano people but.. i heard the performances today.. lukas is playing that one hour piece in 10 mins!!! (i wish i had 10 mins to perform too :() u can soooo hear where the cuts are n that so it sorta spoils the piece...

daniel ong didnt turn up today.. dunno why.. hrmmm

saw this girl whos playing her spanish composition on the piano with other instruments too.. shes pretty good!

anyway i really hope its gonna be a good night.. and arvo :S ehh

Last edited:

demosthenes

Executive Sardine
HSC
MY GOD! that encore was awesome!
Shit james you were bloody amazing! Like, i cried when I heard you!
Did u hear me (prob not) yelling "GO MOON STYLA" lol
I liked that zero space one the most apart from yours james. FAR OUT UR GOOD!!
And, I may be biased....but the sax quartet kicked arse too!
Congrats again!

Jazz Man Tim

Cannonball
HSC
OH MY GOD
moon_styla you are AMAZING! :eek::eek: far out man! i totally agree with demosthenes... man you are so freaking good! *bows down*

i thought the sax quartet went off too :D what did ya'll think of anthrapology?? yay or nay?

moon_styla

[16527th BoS member]
HSC
oh my goodness! how mad was encore!!!! i should've done something as i was going off stage.. bugga.. at least i took that photo!! il post it on here hahaha :p

gosh the crowd was so much better than the matinee lol i was like "now THIS is wat encore is about" lol!!

oh and we got to have EVERYTHING in the cafe for free!!! omgg!!!!! everyone was like full pigging out at the cafe.. just to make the most of 'free' food while they could lol.. so funny..

but the best bit would have to be getting 4 numbers!! whooo hooo lol!!!!!!!!

oh but that comes AFTER the applause hehe

anyway.. i hope u guys enjoyed it...

demosthenes

Executive Sardine
HSC
Jazz Man Tim said:
OH MY GOD
moon_styla you are AMAZING! :eek::eek: far out man! i totally agree with demosthenes... man you are so freaking good! *bows down*

i thought the sax quartet went off too :D what did ya'll think of anthrapology?? yay or nay?
nay....he didnt even improvise.

demosthenes

Executive Sardine
HSC
haha....i get it....player! as in piano player (LOL BAD JOKE DEMOSTHENES, BAD JOKE!!!!)

Yeh i liked the spring one....i thought it was interesting how the singer seemed almost separate from the string quartet. It was cool.

pristine

HSC
as someone not too entirely into classical music, i thought the night was fanfuckingtastic. i admire the composers and i desire to be just like the performers.

JAMES;
GUESS WHAT! you know my piano teacher lol - lily kim[stratty] lol. we were talking about you yesterday haha. she told me to record your piece for her, so i did, hope you don't mind. you friggen kicked ass last night. man, i was off my chair and i was getting all my friends to cheer for you 'n i was going psycho hehe. you probably didn't see me did you? i was trying to look for you everywhere afterwards to congratulate you 'n everything. i was wearing some goth outfit, totally red/black. you look the same as you were in primary school HAHAHA =] it's a compliment!

not being bias or anything, but i was utterly disappointed of the fact that they didn't have a drum piece, HIGHLY disappointed..BUT, i guess everything else made up for it.

here are the ones i found outrageously startling (not to say the others weren't equally as appealing):
2. Tess Hathaway - Spiritual (Kiama High School) [loved the girls voice ESP the one guy, almost a substitute for a bass guitar]
12. Aaron Taylor - Gethsemane (Hunter School of PA)
[OKAY, guys PLS, all my friends were arguing last night about whether the stumble on "D----DIE" was on purpose or not. i say NOT, but..what are ur opinions?]
18. Luke Dolahenty - All In Love Is Fair (Newtown HSPA)
[sweet]
8. Zane Banks - Tender Surrender (Newtown HSPA)
[awesome guitaring]
13. Daniel Ong - Tarantella (Sydney Grammar)
[i almost cried in this one, and i RARELY cry. how damn sad. condolensces his family]
AND the spanish composition with the suspended cymbals. that was EXCELLENT!

{man some please buy me a thesaurus, i'm lacking a vocab here}

all in all, i'll just say it was blood good. good good good good good GOOD GOOD!!!

Crowie

HSC
N/A
yea it was on purpose cause in the actually musical he gets stabbed or shot or sumfin 2day but it wasnt in the right context so no one knew wat was going on

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)