Eng 4uers 2007 (1 Viewer)

HSC
So who has started writing?
What do you think of the course so far?
Just wondering

[ I have my idea though i havent started writing :S...Its has gotten to a point of worry but i'll deal with it. I like the course because its so individual and i find i've bonded with my teachers through it :p ...they all seem to like me now *shrugs* ]

So tell me your thoughts about it?

princesskt

HSC
i havnt actually started. im still stuck between 2 ideas but the research is fun!! so yeah.. i think i will REALLY enjoy this course coz writing is like.. part of me lol.

RiCkiE

HSC
should we have started? i think we're meant to have it done by the end of the holidays...the draft i mean.

btw, Port Macquarie? Do you know someone called Osman...?

HSC
Yeah it is best to have a draft by the end of the holidays...but i think i'd only get half done through that time

But yeah i must agree, research is heaps fun, but SO much of it to do ><

princesskt

HSC
RiCkiE said:
btw, Port Macquarie? Do you know someone called Osman...?
ahh no sorry.. i dont.

there is heaps of research.. but its part of the fun :D or maybe im just a nerd :p hehe..

HSC
no i understand..
i enjoy researching myself...even when i'm not required too *blush*
i knew far more then the health course required us back in yr 7-8 while going through puberty...hehe

RiCkiE

HSC
I always get carried away when i'm researching, especially if it's on wikipedia. You can start off reading about end of the world scenarios and then five hours later getting reaquainted with the Beatles.

HSC
haha yeah i know eh?
Gotta love Wikipedia! Its very good for wasting many hours...
God Bless Hyperlinks :)

kingsizecrunchi

HSC
we've done the creative writing n the essay fo area of study..already..i hvnt done the creative writin bit..im not vry creative!!!

J

jhakka

MortImmortelle said:
Yeah it is best to have a draft by the end of the holidays...but i think i'd only get half done through that time

But yeah i must agree, research is heaps fun, but SO much of it to do ><
When I was a boy the general aim was to have a concrete first draft done by the end of the Easter holidays. If you have a solid idea, some decent research and actual writing done by the end of the Summer holidays, you'll be ahead of most others.

mikeet

HSC
wow.. i feel so behind..
i have a solidish idea, but i haven't done much research yet.
or written anything.
and i'm planning on acing this subject.
i better get my work on.
:)

idling fire

HSC
*sings* I should have started... doo doo dum [/song]

I'm as far as having definitively decided which text type mine's going to be. Big step... other people in my class have whole ideas planned out, have done research, and have even written stuff. Not me i'm afraid. Still lacking in the ideas department. Teacher's been giving guilt trips about it. :( It's not that I haven't tried to find an idea... really...

Oh well, one day...

HSC
Yeah i havent started writing yet either and quite a few people in my class have :S
But i'm still got fragments of thought here and there of what i'm going to do...

g'luck to you all guys! mwa!

kloudsurfer

HSC
Half my class has already written their stories!

Ok, so my class only has 4 people. But its only me and another girl who are writing stories from scratch. The others are just rewriting stories that they have written in thier spare time.

ybnormal

The depths of my mind are the safest places
HSC
right, well, weve had three lessons in total.
we dont have a teacher.
well, we do, but he's leaving at the end of the year.
we have too many people in our class (about 15), and they dont know what to do with us all. we come from different schools, so theyre talking bout getting each school to donate at least one teacher.

so, yeah, noones, as far as i no, started anything at all. a few of us have vague ideas. and schools already finished for the year =/

HSC
kloudsurfer: woah thats insane...i guess those kids must be really serious about this course o_O

ybnormal: You should just use whatever teacher you have normal english with...its the same thing..all they are there for is for you to unload your ideas upon..I talk to a couple of my teachers about my idea..its good to get their varous opinions.

kloudsurfer

HSC
MortImmortelle said:
kloudsurfer: woah thats insane...i guess those kids must be really serious about this course o_O

ybnormal: You should just use whatever teacher you have normal english with...its the same thing..all they are there for is for you to unload your ideas upon..I talk to a couple of my teachers about my idea..its good to get their varous opinions.
Its actually the opposite. They just write as a hobby and decided to use a story they had already written thier major work. So really they are being lazy lol.

G

gaoOO

kloudsurfer said:
Its actually the opposite. They just write as a hobby and decided to use a story they had already written thier major work. So really they are being lazy lol.
technically you're meant to write from scratch, and you're not allowed to use anything that's been written before the yr 12 course begins ;)

Still, at least they've got something going. I don't really have any direction at the moment... *dum dee dum* :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)