eng advanced (1 Viewer)

stressedadfff

HSC
hi, i was wondering if youse are going to memorize essays for English adv or just going in with quotes and analysis for hsc/trials?

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
When I did my HSC I went in with quotes memorised, but a lot of my peers remembered essay paragraphs and practiced adapting to various stimuli.

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
In addition to all the great tips given in Leadmen4y’s thread, I think you need to consider time management. Sometimes, memorising your essays/analyses is more efficient because there is a possibility that a student might not be able to come up with a good essay in a timely manner when they have only memorised quotes and some analysis points (due to high stress levels for example), When you already know what you’re going to write, your only goal becomes to write your memorised essay while ensuring you’re adapting it to the stimulus, all of which is usually done in a timely manner.

Leadmen4y

HSC
In addition to all the great tips given in Leadmen4y’s thread, I think you need to consider time management. Sometimes, memorising your essays/analyses is more efficient because there is a possibility that a student might not be able to come up with a good essay in a timely manner when they have only memorised quotes and some analysis points (due to high stress levels for example), When you already know what you’re going to write, your only goal becomes to write your memorised essay while ensuring you’re adapting it to the stimulus, all of which is usually done in a timely manner.
Most definitely. Practising under exam conditions is very important for doing well, and from personal experience, adapting to a stimulus has been always easier compared to forming an entire essay with only quotes and analysis.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)