Eng Ext 1: To drop or not to drop? (1 Viewer)

anniea89

HSC
I just received my assessment task back today for eng ext 1, worth 40% and to put it gently, I didn't do very well at well. My mum wants me to drop it, but I'm not sure. I want to continue, seeing as how I've done alot of work and put alot of effore into the subject. But I hate my teacher and my marks aren't impressive.

My rank is 14/18 and I have 12units. What should I do? Is it worth it for me to continue?

morganforrest

HSC
anniea89 said:
I just received my assessment task back today for eng ext 1, worth 40% and to put it gently, I didn't do very well at well. My mum wants me to drop it, but I'm not sure. I want to continue, seeing as how I've done alot of work and put alot of effore into the subject. But I hate my teacher and my marks aren't impressive.

My rank is 14/18 and I have 12units. What should I do? Is it worth it for me to continue?
DROOOPPPPP ITTTTT!!!!

I did...cept i hated the damn subject so I'm not sure how unbiased my advice is :)

~untitled~

HSC
DONT DROP IT!!!!!!! you will regret it forever!! I dropped my english extensions, and am seriously considering going back to school next year just so i can do them, ignore wat ur mum says, if u put the effort in youll be able to get great marks!!!

anniea89

HSC
That's what I told her, what if I do well in the exams? She's worried about the trial exams, because I have eng ext 1 and chem on the same day.

HSC
anniea89 said:
That's what I told her, what if I do well in the exams? She's worried about the trial exams, because I have eng ext 1 and chem on the same day.
meh. your problem, your decision. it's probably not worth keeping it but its up to you.

Hallatia

HSC
I do not recommend dropping it, the HSC exam is 2 hours for a creative piece and an essay, most of the modules are really good and it allows you to do extension 2 if you want to

I am a believer in keeping 12 units because if you fall in a subject you have the room to drop it

beccawood

HSC
drop it! best thing i ever did

i understand that its hard coz of all the work u've done already, but it'll take a massive load of ur shoulders. think about the other subjects ur doin... r they all getting better marks than ur eng ext?? if so, get out of it!!

chem will contribute alot more to ur UAI then english ext ever will :p

xclusv2bhung

sexier than neha x10000
HSC
beccawood said:
drop it! best thing i ever did

i understand that its hard coz of all the work u've done already, but it'll take a massive load of ur shoulders. think about the other subjects ur doin... r they all getting better marks than ur eng ext?? if so, get out of it!!

chem will contribute alot more to ur UAI then english ext ever will :p
lol eng ext scales crazy , so i`d keep it.
yeah try your hardest and you`ll do fine =)
i screwed up something worth 20% and i went from rank 20/43 to 40/43 =__="
far out.
but yeah .. still got 60 70 internal left =)

Fish Sauce

HSC
N/A
I read somewhere that Maths Ext 1 scales better than English Ext 2 but I'm not sure if that's right.

xclusv2bhung

sexier than neha x10000
HSC
Fish Sauce said:
I read somewhere that Maths Ext 1 scales better than English Ext 2 but I'm not sure if that's right.
HEY ! OH I READ THAT TOO !!
yeah i was surprised when i saw it , just have no idea where i saw it either ... but i definitely DID see something like that.

Hallatia

HSC
but Advanced English scales better than just about everything, so it would make sense for the extension englishes to scale well too

HSC
why would adv english scale better than just about everything when the majority of the state study it?

Isaac Newton

Banned
HSC
N/A
I heartily advise you to complete the Physics Higher School Certificate course.

Hallatia

HSC
watatank said:
why would adv english scale better than just about everything when the majority of the state study it?
I have absolutely no idea, all I know is that Advanced English, physics and Modern History are considerred the three hardest subject

Isaac Newton

Banned
HSC
N/A
Locky Jr said:
I have absolutely no idea, all I know is that Advanced English, physics and Modern History are considerred the three hardest subject
I consider your post to be a misrepresentation of fact. The Advanced English and Modern History courses are by no means the most difficult courses that students may undertake in the Higher School Certificate, for the English Extension 1 course would be defeated in its purpose, as would History Extension. The matter of the hardest available course is purely subjective, although subjects such as the outstanding Physics syllabus and the Extension variants of obscure languages may also fare well in difficulty calculations.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)