Eng Ext 1: To drop or not to drop? (1 Viewer)

SoulSearcher

Entangled in the fabric of space-time ...
HSC
Isaac Newton said:
I consider your post to be a misrepresentation of fact. The Advanced English and Modern History courses are by no means the most difficult courses that students may undertake in the Higher School Certificate, for the English Extension 1 course would be defeated in its purpose, as would History Extension. The matter of the hardest available course is purely subjective, although subjects such as the outstanding Physics syllabus and the Extension variants of obscure languages may also fare well in difficulty calculations.
The Physics syllabus has been really dumbed down though.

Isaac Newton

Banned
HSC
N/A
Locky Jr said:
no that is the fact, whilst you can put extensions on top of all those subjects, that is just the way it is
But I hasten to disagree with your assertion, young one.

It is purely a subjective matter.

~untitled~

HSC
You mean to say that truth is subjective and can be manipulated.......?...? lmao

Hallatia

HSC
Isaac Newton said:
But I hasten to disagree with your assertion, young one.

It is purely a subjective matter.
it's not like it is somethng I made up, that is how it is, whether we want to agree or not

Isaac Newton

Banned
HSC
N/A
Locky Jr said:
it's not like it is somethng I made up, that is how it is, whether we want to agree or not
It is not "how it is", young one. There is no definite and ultimate ranking of the difficulty of subjects students may choose to sit for the Higher School Certificate.

Hallatia

HSC
Isaac Newton said:
It is not "how it is", young one. There is no definite and ultimate ranking of the difficulty of subjects students may choose to sit for the Higher School Certificate.
I am sure that to some extent you are right but that is just the way it is considerred by those who make this stuff and decide what UAI we are going to get based on the marks we get in certain subjects

Isaac Newton

Banned
HSC
N/A
Locky Jr said:
I am sure that to some extent you are right but that is just the way it is considerred by those who make this stuff and decide what UAI we are going to get beased on the marks we get in certain subjects
I must enquire as to what 'this stuff' seems to be and where you have ascertained this information.

Fish Sauce

HSC
N/A
SoulSearcher said:
That's actually not as wrong as you would think. Extension 1 maths does tend to scale better than extension 2 english.
Woo!

Locky Jr said:
I have absolutely no idea, all I know is that Advanced English, physics and Modern History are considerred the three hardest subject
I've never heard that one before. Surely Maths Ext 2 would be considered difficult? I can see how people find English hard (I do), but I wouldn't say it's the all round hardest course.

~untitled~ said:
You mean to say that truth is subjective and can be manipulated.......?...? lmao
lol. I actually liked that module (Frontline is awesome)

Hallatia

HSC
Isaac Newton said:
I must enquire as to what 'this stuff' seems to be and where you have ascertained this information.
I have had it drilled into me as a result of variouss different people and places, even my physics teacher said it and she knows, she is a physics teacher, so she would

Isaac Newton

Banned
HSC
N/A
Locky Jr said:
I have had it drilled into me as a result of variouss different people and places, even my physics teacher said it and she knows, she is a physics teacher, so she would
I taught your Physics teacher Physics. The syllabus is based upon me and my research.

~untitled~

HSC
Fish Sauce said:
lol. I actually liked that module (Frontline is awesome)
Yea, frontline was the best!!!!!!, first topic we did, lol, we study everything back to front.... Oh, that and because i got to do Fareinheight 9/11 and respnses to that, it was awesome! U guys have to read the Christophers Hitchens response to that...... (But use it as an additional text and you will die........just warning, lol)

Hallatia

HSC
Isaac Newton said:
I taught your Physics teacher Physics. The syllabus is based upon me and my research.
really, you are Fijian? that is where she learnt
by the way the physics syllabus is not based around Newton

Isaac Newton

Banned
HSC
N/A
Locky Jr said:
really, you are Fijian? that is where she learnt
by the way the physics syllabus is not based around Newton
I am Newton. I am everything. The Physics syllabus should be based around me.

FEAR THE WRATH OF ISAAC NEWTON.

Hallatia

HSC
Isaac Newton said:
I am Newton. I am everything. The Physics syllabus should be based around me.

FEAR THE WRATH OF ISAAC NEWTON.
but it isn't, if the physics syllabus was based around Newton I would be very happy and doing extremely well in it, but it is not, so I am doing poorly and need lots of help

TDjie

♥ Hello ♥
HSC
anniea89 said:
That's what I told her, what if I do well in the exams? She's worried about the trial exams, because I have eng ext 1 and chem on the same day.
I used to do 4unit english until I dropped E2 because it was taking up too much of my time. The thing is I really loved writing, I was coming first in my class but it was too much to bring with me to the trials. I think you should drop it if you're stressed about it, it's not what your mum wants remember, it's what you want. If you think and strongly believe that you can do it then I don't see why you shouldn't continue. Consider the fact that if you lag in E1 then you might do badly and feel bad, whereas if you drop it and your other subjects flourish in terms of marks, you're on the home stretch, baby! :3 E1 is not as stressful as people may make it out to be, it's really good as long as you are able to engage with what you're doing. I'm currently doing crime fictions, and basically all my teacher asked us to do in like the period before our half yearlies was to watch/read/view as many crime fictions as possible.

Also, don't worry about your teacher, there's so many other ways you can do well in Extension 1 ~ I know it's hard to go without guidance, but maybe you can always ask another teacher for assistance? What are you doing for your module?

anniea89

HSC
What are you doing for your module?
Genre: Revenge Tragedy. I go through the motions with the module; some days I'll like it, other days I just wish we got to do something else. I'm not keen on the prescribed texts, so I got 4 texts that I really like that fit.

I've set up a meeting with my teacher for tomorrow, and she's going to go through my task with me. I also got advice from my my fav teacher and she said to not drop it just yet and to weigh up my options.

amyg238

HSC
I was doing well-ish in Ext 1 English (getting 80% everytime), but i put absolutely no effort into it and didnt enjoy the classes. The people around me were much more comfortable with the subject and studied ALOT more than me.

So I dropped it last term. At first I didnt' really know whether I should have or not, but its one of the best decisions I've done. Seriously, its taken such a massive load of my shoulders and I see all the Ext people stressing over exams that I DONT HAVE TO DO! :)

Btw, i was doing 12 units before I dropped it.

morganforrest

HSC
Just to clarify a lot of the BS on previous pages....by no means does Adv. English scale one of the highest. In fact it is just about average. Although they redo the scaling every year Ext 2 Maths is consistently the highest scaling followed by EE2. This is without a doubt true. In fact the scaling reports for the last three years are available on the boredofstudies website though i can't be bothered posting the link. However i f people keep posting such crap I'll have to. Yes Modern scales well but not as well as many others. Chem is the highest scaling science, followed by Physics. E1 maths and english scale about the same. As Chem and Modern. (Ext History, from memory scales a little better than Modern.)

Please stop misleading everyone.

xclusv2bhung

sexier than neha x10000
HSC
morganforrest said:
Just to clarify a lot of the BS on previous pages....by no means does Adv. English scale one of the highest. In fact it is just about average. Although they redo the scaling every year Ext 2 Maths is consistently the highest scaling followed by EE2. This is without a doubt true. In fact the scaling reports for the last three years are available on the boredofstudies website though i can't be bothered posting the link. However i f people keep posting such crap I'll have to. Yes Modern scales well but not as well as many others. Chem is the highest scaling science, followed by Physics. E1 maths and english scale about the same. As Chem and Modern. (Ext History, from memory scales a little better than Modern.)

Please stop misleading everyone.
lol ah thanks for clearing it up.
was getting confused there.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)