Engagement and the HSC (1 Viewer)

HSC
N/A
Ok my parents have got engaged when my mum was 17 and my dad was 21?? and they are still together almost 21 years later, dont worry what others think, go with your heart.
Good luck :)

same sorta. well, 20 and 27.

Shit turns out ok sometimes.

pete_finlay

HSC
statistics show that 50-80% of people that get engaged before 21 are divorced by 28, so i just think the whole thing is stupid

why not enjoy the single life when youre young, focus on your hsc if thats what you want to do, and get engaged/married later

staticsiscool

Banned
HSC
statistics show that 50-80% of people that get engaged before 21 are divorced by 28, so i just think the whole thing is stupid

why not enjoy the single life when youre young, focus on your hsc if thats what you want to do, and get engaged/married later
citation needed

"i didnt have any accurate numbers so i just made up this one. studies have shown that accurate numbers arent any more useful than the ones you make up."

"how many studies showed that?"

"eighty seven."

thats basically what you just did

greekgun

HSC
wow abit early to get married...no offense but i wouldn't be surprised if it ended up failing...but fingers cross eh? if i were u i would hold of the wedding til u have finished exams.

PrettyVacant

HSC
Lol honestly can't be that bad. I had a boyfriend during the HSC and I spent a LOT more time with him than time spent studying and I did fiiine!

bontelmart

HSC
Congratulations! Just make sure you really could imagine spending life with him forever. My grandmother (I know) she married at the age of 18 and she was very unhappy but don't let that worry you. If its the day before the wedding and you want out (or even the morning) dont make yourself marry him. As for the HSC, don't worry about it too much. You can still study and some people are engaged for years before they marry (I have friends that were engaged for 8 years) some people are even longer. My friend sat the HSC two years ago and she was engaged, she still is engaged to the same guy two years later. She wasn't much of a studier but still she could do it. I have another friend who's sixteen as is with (not engaged to) a 21 year old. She dropped out of school in year 10 to be with him (which I think is a big mistake) but at least you are finishing school. (At least you have your preliminary certificate). If the wedding is postponed then you won't be so stressed and it will let you think about it more clearly in a rush. Why not enjoy engagement for a bit instead of rushing straight into marriage? There is no rush. You have all your life to marry that guy. And if he really loves you then he won't push you into marriage so suddenly and he will give you the time you need to study and he will support you. It's a good way to discover his patience and character-you don't want to be stuck with someone impatient all your life. And also too, make sure you are aware of how he treats his family because once your married he'll treat you that way to. Often guys act differently in front of the girls they like to reel them in-make sure you pay attention to how he gets on with his family. Congratulations and enjoy your engagment. It's normal to worry however if you worry too much then you may not actually like the guy. And if he loves you then you should be able to tell him to wait. All the Best! :)

katie tully

ashleey luvs roosters
HSC
Congratulations! Just make sure you really could imagine spending life with him forever. My grandmother (I know) she married at the age of 18 and she was very unhappy but don't let that worry you. If its the day before the wedding and you want out (or even the morning) dont make yourself marry him. As for the HSC, don't worry about it too much. You can still study and some people are engaged for years before they marry (I have friends that were engaged for 8 years) some people are even longer. My friend sat the HSC two years ago and she was engaged, she still is engaged to the same guy two years later. She wasn't much of a studier but still she could do it. I have another friend who's sixteen as is with (not engaged to) a 21 year old. She dropped out of school in year 10 to be with him (which I think is a big mistake) but at least you are finishing school. (At least you have your preliminary certificate). If the wedding is postponed then you won't be so stressed and it will let you think about it more clearly in a rush. Why not enjoy engagement for a bit instead of rushing straight into marriage? There is no rush. You have all your life to marry that guy. And if he really loves you then he won't push you into marriage so suddenly and he will give you the time you need to study and he will support you. It's a good way to discover his patience and character-you don't want to be stuck with someone impatient all your life. And also too, make sure you are aware of how he treats his family because once your married he'll treat you that way to. Often guys act differently in front of the girls they like to reel them in-make sure you pay attention to how he gets on with his family. Congratulations and enjoy your engagment. It's normal to worry however if you worry too much then you may not actually like the guy. And if he loves you then you should be able to tell him to wait. All the Best! :)
Inbreeding: Causes a loss of function mutation on chromosome 17, the paragraph detector.

Suic1de

Banned
HSC
There was a girl at my school that got engaged right when she turned 16 (Year 10).

They remained engaged until she finished school and then became married.

Just thought i'd throw that out there, not quite sure what your problem is but hopefully hearing about somebody in the same boat might give you an idea.

HSC
there was a girl at my school that got engaged when she turned 16 (year 10).

but she had a terminal illness and wanted to get married to sum boy before she died or something. she died shortly after. true story. she was in my home room.

Rabbitoh

HSC
Oh she can't spell schedule, that's so cute.

I guess you don't need to spell schedule, nor do you have a need for one when you're filling out your Centrelink payments.
Post of the Thread.

Thread-maker, you're a stupid, foolish girl. Be sure to bump this thread when you get divorced.

kara42

HSC
Post of the Thread.

Thread-maker, you're a stupid, foolish girl. Be sure to bump this thread when you get divorced.
lol.

because they have cunt for a daughter
I can't stop laughing.

RE: Wedding, mazal tov.

Why?

If you 'sacrifice' yourself for the HSC, you're ... ... you may want to reconsider; even if the HSC isn't everything.

Stay in schule, get to uni, turn 18, then do whatever with your life.
Not all rich, dying parents bequeath their money to their children.

Nowhere in the law does it say that.
Statistics this, statistics that.

Statistics can go get fucked.

Being BOS, I don't think about what I say or type, but considering this is marriage, I instinctively think exaggerated festive, quasi-symbolic thing, and mazal tov just seems to come naturally.

If it's just marriage - a simple civil union, going to Redfern, filling out the marriage form, getting a celebrant, etc. - then cool.
Huh?

Virtually any thread I read is off-topic. Gotta love BOS and all the BOS'ers.
First and foremost, shut the fuck up, and no one gives a shit about your pseudo-pitiful, self-deprecatory state.

The wedding doesn't have to be big at all, as stated above; and as for your financial situation, what of your parents and his? Have you none?
If you must, move in with him, or get him to move in with you - and your parents.

Fail troll thread.
lulwut?

Lol honestly can't be that bad. I had a boyfriend during the HSC and I spent a LOT more time with him than time spent studying and I did fiiine!
But did you marry him during your HSC?

Inbreeding: Causes a loss of function mutation on chromosome 17, the paragraph detector.
This.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)