Engg1000 mech engg- competition vent (1 Viewer)

Squar3root

realest nigga
HSC
Uni Grad
but in all seriousness the medicine delivery one (this thread) is pretty easy but also challenging.

HSC
N/A
Did you guys have the option to use an FPGA?

Or did you have the option of using flip-flops?
what the hell is a flip flop? and fpga? (im clearly a noob!) haha!

I agree with squar3root said, from what i have seen the mechanical engineering is probably one of the easiest. How the hell those bionic hands first year students accomplish there objectives or those solar climber thing.

whats the news on the solar elevator? how did they go?

hey squar3root, how much did your group spent altogether?

Squar3root

realest nigga
HSC
Uni Grad
what the hell is a flip flop? and fpga? (im clearly a noob!) haha!

I agree with squar3root said, from what i have seen the mechanical engineering is probably one of the easiest. How the hell those bionic hands first year students accomplish there objectives or those solar climber thing.

whats the news on the solar elevator? how did they go?

hey squar3root, how much did your group spent altogether?
over $140 lol but not that hard to make up prices.

Mining went pretty well. I joined a group so I could get a free hotdog and drink.

Solar elevator was too much for some people. I heard that only a few actually compared the task.

The biomedical one (hand) went good and all teams at least passed

HSC
N/A
wow thats a lot of money. our group spent $97 but most of it was due to expedited shipping costs (we realized during compliance testing that the tyres from create are not ideal for the track. so we ordered them online plus we ordered online for the gears and have them shipped to AU (express shipping)

if we subtract the cost of expedited shipping, our group would end up around 40-50 bucks of the materials we used! but our ATV speaks for itself, haha we only got 39 on design. the highest was 45.

I thought they would be strict with the power requirements, i am sure there are teams who used more than 6v of power.

Yea i went to the solar elevator's (dry run or compliance testing on week 11) and from what I have seen only 1 every 10 groups that can actually climb and go back to the ground.

Squar3root

realest nigga
HSC
Uni Grad
wow thats a lot of money. our group spent $97 but most of it was due to expedited shipping costs (we realized during compliance testing that the tyres from create are not ideal for the track. so we ordered them online plus we ordered online for the gears and have them shipped to AU (express shipping)

if we subtract the cost of expedited shipping, our group would end up around 40-50 bucks of the materials we used! but our ATV speaks for itself, haha we only got 39 on design. the highest was 45.

I thought they would be strict with the power requirements, i am sure there are teams who used more than 6v of power.

Yea i went to the solar elevator's (dry run or compliance testing on week 11) and from what I have seen only 1 every 10 groups that can actually climb and go back to the ground.
we got 41 on design and ours was pretty tacky. It worked just that 5cm :/ we could have came overall 1st fffaaakkkk.

yes, one team used 4 x 1.5 but the chris guy said it was fine as long as it didn't go over 6V

kalstar

swag
HSC
Uni Grad
The civil one is the easiest out of all of them (so i heard), but I did the chem eng one, which was pretty average.

SpiralFlex

HSC
N/A
Were you the kids that were rolling the toy car in the math centre

kalstar

swag
HSC
Uni Grad
lol probably not, most of our testing was done near the chem eng building, our final testing was done at the phys lawn

Parvee

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
HSC
lol probably not, most of our testing was done near the chem eng building, our final testing was done at the phys lawn
What kind of track did you have?

Francois was a dick last yr and put this massive hill/ramp that no one could go over and penelised every group for not making it over

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC

Francois was a dick last yr and put this massive hill/ramp that no one could go over and penelised every group for not making it over
I have connections in 2nd year who said that what happened was the team that went the furthest got full marks for that component and the team that did not go as far go zero for the component then they just averaged out all other people's marks accordingly in order of rank.

Source EE

:haha:

kalstar

swag
HSC
Uni Grad

he fucking did it again and no one managed to go over it, hes seriously such a faggot.

HSC
N/A
so, after a few weeks of the engineering drawing deadline and final report, i still havent received my grades yet. This course has so many due dates, do you guys think its fair that they should also have due dates on getting our marks out?

HSC
N/A
well I dont know how i did in the sketching part and the final report. I dont care about the overall grade I just want those two.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)