Engineering at Uni with Gen. Maths (1 Viewer)

gtrislife

HSC
i am currently doing physics, chemistry, advance english, ancient history and Mathematics. i am doing pretty good in all my subjects other than maths and it is really stressing me out. i am planning on doing engineering at uni. Will i be able to cope in uni after doing a bridging course if i drop to general maths. i am doing my HSC this year.

InteGrand

HSC
N/A
i am currently doing physics, chemistry, advance english, ancient history and Mathematics. i am doing pretty good in all my subjects other than maths and it is really stressing me out. i am planning on doing engineering at uni. Will i be able to cope in uni after doing a bridging course if i drop to general maths. i am doing my HSC this year.
It is possible I think, but I think you would need to work pretty hard to catch up on maths.

Nailgun

Cole World
HSC
If you are struggling with 2U maths, why do you want to do engineering? I'm not saying you can't improve or anything, I'm just genuinely curious

gtrislife

HSC
i enjoy doing maths and i have always been good at it. it is just that i am having difficulty to take on such a workload

leehuan

HSC
The maths workload in engineering increases further. If you can't handle it now with mathematics I'm worried.

Truth be told, you need to bridge mathematics extension 1 as it is. If you really want to put so much effort in as to finding a mathematics bridging course on top of that then be my guest. At least you play out the HSC

soloooooo

HSC
N/A
Perhaps. You would be better off sticking with the higher mathematics however, even if you don't do so well in it.

gandalfbrah

HSC
Lol. If you're good at maths but cant handle workload then it isnt the level of math that is the problem here. You should at least keep 2u, engineering students are generally encouraged to undertake 3u.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Squar3root

realest nigga
HSC
Uni Grad
You probably shouldn't consider engineering as a career path if you aren't goos at math tbh

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
Don't drop it if you want to continue and do engineering.

Sien

将来: NEET
HSC
How does one enter engo with gen mafs ._. That's like telling some twelvie to do engo, keep 2u at least

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)