Engineering at UNSW - computing 1A?? (1 Viewer)

pwoh

O_O
HSC
Uni Grad
Yeah pretty much, they're generally really long with a really short amount of time to do them in. There's a major project which you do as part of a team too, team co-ordination is always hard in cse, dunno why, everyone just seems way more disorganised than the group projects in eng. Or maybe the project was just really hard.

I still remember last year S1, Richard -> "Task 2 is released! Now i'm going away for a week to Melbourne, so you can't ask any questions, and it's due in 2 weeks."
Oh yes, so true about the disorganisation - Richard's a great lecturer but on the admin side, things were pretty messy.

(Although this was actually a good thing for me, I didn't procrastinate until the due date (well not as much) because I had no idea what the due date was...)

Btw who are you, TheStallion? Are you a CSE student?

TheStallion

HSC
Nah i'm Aerospace eng/science double degree, I just did COMP1917 because I was pretty good at programming, and doing COMP1927 over summer with Richard. What about you, CSE?

pwoh

O_O
HSC
Uni Grad
Nah i'm Aerospace eng/science double degree, I just did COMP1917 because I was pretty good at programming, and doing COMP1927 over summer with Richard. What about you, CSE?
You do rocket science! Yup, CSE. And lucky you, I did COMP1927 with Nymeyer...

TheStallion

HSC
Rocket science is where it's at! Yeah I was considering 1927 S2 but as soon as I heard Nymeyer was teaching it I thought "fuck that" and decided to do it over summer.

Might be in COMP2911 with you if I decide to do a comp minor for my b.sc in S1 this year, i'll have to look out for the one chick in the class :p

pwoh

O_O
HSC
Uni Grad
Rocket science is where it's at! Yeah I was considering 1927 S2 but as soon as I heard Nymeyer was teaching it I thought "fuck that" and decided to do it over summer.

Might be in COMP2911 with you if I decide to do a comp minor for my b.sc in S1 this year, i'll have to look out for the one chick in the class :p
You totally should, comp is awesome. Have you joined the comp2911 fb group?

TheStallion

HSC
Nah not in any fb groups for comp at all, got a few people from 1917 S1 on my facebook though. I'll try find the 2911 group now.

EDIT: Can't find the thing, link me

Last edited:

TheStallion

HSC
"This content is currently unavailable
The page you requested cannot be displayed at the moment. It may be temporarily unavailable, the link you clicked on may have expired, or you may not have permission to view this page. "

Must be private or some crap, might be invitation only

pwoh

O_O
HSC
Uni Grad
"This content is currently unavailable
The page you requested cannot be displayed at the moment. It may be temporarily unavailable, the link you clicked on may have expired, or you may not have permission to view this page. "

Must be private or some crap, might be invitation only
Lol sorry, realised it was a "Secret Group" or something - PM me your FB and I'll add you to it. I'll add you to the 1927 group as well although that seems kinda dead now (people doing in summer don't seem to be posting much)

ManjuSaka

HSC
Uni Grad
Is there any scaling system like we had in HSC?

Which one should I take in s2 since I'm doing engineering/commerce, COMP1191 or ENGG1811?

pwoh

O_O
HSC
Uni Grad
Is there any scaling system like we had in HSC?

Which one should I take in s2 since I'm doing engineering/commerce, COMP1191 or ENGG1811?
There isn't a scaling system like our HSC / ATAR one. However, individual faculties might scale marks for particular subjects against each other (e.g. MATH1131 with MATH1141 or PHYS1121 with PHYS1131).

You can do either, I think (or even COMP1917).

taeyang

HSC
I am doing 1917, flexible first year, and looking to go into Mechanical or Mechatronics as well OP, it doesn't require any previous knowledge but they require you to no be a retard around computers. Albeit, it's only been 1 week ^^. Who are you btw?

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)