Engineering=Easy (1 Viewer)

vinip

HSC
I guess its what i found in my class is that there all duds. They think they know what going on and then exam times on and they don't know it. Thats why i reckon the course is easy cause easier to be ranked first.

Anyone else incountered this? or is it like your class is competitive?

robm

HSC
actually our class is a bit of both. the positions for the top 5 or so are really competitive and the rest of the class are just average.

Gussy Booo

Mathematics <3
HSC
Ahh no. The guy comming first in my engineering course is on 97%.
Second is on 90%...

It's pretty competitive over here.

Engineering is definately harder than physics.

00iCon

HSC
Everyone in my class of ~16 is really competitive, exept for the last guy... Man, i used to be like 4th and now i'm 8th :( the saddest thing is that the y11 accelerated students are always the best...

mR sinister

HSC
actually our class is a bit of both. the positions for the top 5 or so are really competitive and the rest of the class are just average.
lol,
Nahh i wouldnt say that... for assessments yea.. the top 5 are really good.. but for exams
Its heaps competitive the whole class... maybe not like 2-3 ppl that are ranked the lowest

Kaos1

HSC
well personally, i think that its the ecams that really rank the class... in my last 3 assesssments, ive gotten 100%... and im still 3rd in the calss

in my trials exam, i gto 67% sadly... but im hoping for a better one net wednesday for the HSC

HSC
Everyone in my class of ~16 is really competitive, exept for the last guy... Man, i used to be like 4th and now i'm 8th :( the saddest thing is that the y11 accelerated students are always the best...
The 3 accelerated kids came top 3 hahaha.

Kaos1

HSC
thats wat i really dont like... big headed geneuses who ace every test, and come top of the class without even trying... and then redicule you for getting a lower mark then them, when you put your heart and soal into getting the best mark you can with what you got.

yz125

HSC
Engineering=hard.

I find that the syllabus is very different to other subjects such as physics and chem. I don't know what I need to know.

tashisthebest

HSC
In our class its just me and 2 other plp who had any competition. Before the trial us 3 were like 80.25%, 80% n 79.75% lol. n the rest of the class was falling. after tha trial it just me n this other guy just 2 % of each other now n now1 else passed tha trials . its so stuffed

Kaos1

HSC
Lets just hope that the exam on Wednesday is going to be relatively easy. Ive tried doing all the past papers, going to my teacher for advice, and getting as much information from these forums as I can... But I still dont quite feel fully prepared.

Does anyone else feel the same?

yz125

HSC
Lets just hope that the exam on Wednesday is going to be relatively easy. Ive tried doing all the past papers, going to my teacher for advice, and getting as much information from these forums as I can... But I still dont quite feel fully prepared.

Does anyone else feel the same?
I feel the exact same way. Feels like i'm still missing something

Tofuu

HSC
i don't do engineering but from what i heard the top few are the only competitive ones because they are better at maths and all

Kaos1

HSC
Maths is a big part of Engineering, but thats it, its only a part. . . There are many other different parts to engineering that just baffles me...

Ive tried doing practice questions for Engineering on the Board of Studies website. Theyre only munti-choice questions, but theyre good practice. You guys should try it too

mitchell.j.bell

HSC
Our class has 7, and its pretty damn competitive.

Assessment marks range from 90-70 I think. positions 2,3,3 and 4 are all within a few percent.

arman

HSC
Engineering=hard.

I find that the syllabus is very different to other subjects such as physics and chem. I don't know what I need to know.
yes i agree, the syllabus should be re-written properly (well i guess it has been? since its changing for '2010 and beyond')

but yeah, i can pretty much read through the physiscs and chemistry silly-buses and answer the dot points as questions - they are all quite self-explanatory

so yes engineering = hard

dydx

HSC
many of my friends in senior years told me that engineering studies is hard and they regret picking it and advised me not to, but i picked it anyways are my school is fairly stupid and they think because they did engineering in year 10, they'll be good in year 11 and 12.

Kaos1

HSC
dydx,

Its not a question of because you did it last year, youll be good at it this year, its a question of, did u have fun doinf it last year? are u prepared for some complex maths, but some reeeealy fun experiments?

engineering is hard, yes. but if you really want to do it, and have fun doing it, then youll do well. because youll want to keep doing something you love doing, and in return, it wil appear easier to you.

does that make sense?

nayyarv

His Holiness
HSC
Getting a good rank in engineering is easy, but to do it in the actual HSC is hard

I got 5th in the state last year (2008).

I was the top student by miles, i'd average like 94% in my exams, which were of a high standard, and every1 else would be bunched up around 75-80% - it was a battle for 2nd and the 3rd

I had an awesome teacher, he gave us like all the questions asked in the HSC to date sorted by topic so it was easier to practice for, so when the day came, i was tons prepared.

Really if your good at maths and science, engineering is a along the same thread. The reason smart people tend not to do it, is coz its classified under Technology and Design and not as a science. This makes it easier to do well, but doenst do much for scaling, i.e. my engineering mark didnt count. I really enjoyed engo, though and wouldnt have done a diff subject if i did yr 12 again.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)