Engineering ( Related to Past Papers) (1 Viewer)

addikaye03

The A-Team
HSC
Does anyone have any past papers of subjects that are undertaken whilst studying B Engineering, ie. Calculus, Linear Algebra, Mathematics, Fluid dynamics etc. This is merely for curiousity sake. Im not even sure if they release the past exams, but if they do and someone has them lying around i would be very appreciative.

Cheers, Addikaye03

Anonymou5

HSC
N/A
They do release past exams. You just need your university email login and password to access them.

Exam Papers - The University of Melbourne

Up until the end of '07 the exams were publicly accessible but for some reason the university decided to follow what pretty much every other uni has done and make the exams only viewable by students and staff. I think that's a really stupid idea and all unversities should be forced to make their past exams available to the general public for viewing.:D

addikaye03

The A-Team
HSC
They do release past exams. You just need your university email login and password to access them.

Exam Papers - The University of Melbourne

Up until the end of '07 the exams were publicly accessible but for some reason the university decided to follow what pretty much every other uni has done and make the exams only viewable by students and staff. I think that's a really stupid idea and all unversities should be forced to make their past exams available to the general public for viewing.:D
thanks alot for the run down, i also think that is absurd. I mean take my situation: im deffering this year and want to know the standard of maths etc that i will be studying in the following year, even if just for curious ( such as mine) the Uni should make papers accessible.

Thanks again man, what are u studying?

Anonymou5

HSC
N/A
thanks alot for the run down, i also think that is absurd. I mean take my situation: im deffering this year and want to know the standard of maths etc that i will be studying in the following year, even if just for curious ( such as mine) the Uni should make papers accessible.

Thanks again man, what are u studying?
I'm glad that I was able to help you out. I'm a final year eng/science student.

Anonymou5

HSC
N/A
Well goodluck for your final year and within the workplace. One more Q: how did/are you finding the engineering at uni of Melb? i've heard that its very good.
Thanks man, I appreciate it. On a personal level I found it to be quite good because I generally liked the way the subjects were run. I'm not doing civil so I can't give you much insight into what the course involves unfortunately. Although my impression is that if you like writing lab reports and don't mind a bit of theory then you should enjoy the course.

addikaye03

The A-Team
HSC
Thanks man, I appreciate it. On a personal level I found it to be quite good because I generally liked the way the subjects were run. I'm not doing civil so I can't give you much insight into what the course involves unfortunately. Although my impression is that if you like writing lab reports and don't mind a bit of theory then you should enjoy the course.
That sounds right up my alley then! Cannot wait to start. Thanks again

i don't think i've received anything:S you definetly sent it to addison_meh@hotmail.com? Thanks in advance

squance

I like cheese!!!
HSC
Does anyone have any past papers of subjects that are undertaken whilst studying B Engineering, ie. Calculus, Linear Algebra, Mathematics, Fluid dynamics etc. This is merely for curiousity sake. Im not even sure if they release the past exams, but if they do and someone has them lying around i would be very appreciative.

Cheers, Addikaye03
I got calculus 2 paper and linear algebra papers.

Joel8945

HSC

Cheers, Addikaye03
Yes I do! Calculus 2 and linear algebra are the first year maths subjects you'll take to study engineering. The engineering subjects you do are ESD 1 & 2 and you need to choose a science subject depending on the area of engineering that interests you!

But I don't know if the university's copyrights will allow me to send them to you!

addikaye03

The A-Team
HSC
Does anyone have any Accelerated Mathematics 1 and 2 papers they would like to post up? or send to my email? thanks alot guys

Ben1220

HSC
Does anyone have any Accelerated Mathematics 1 and 2 papers they would like to post up? or send to my email? thanks alot guys
you should be able to find them online. I think the subjects were called mathematics 1 and 2 last year, so the names may be different on the past exams.

try here to start

PDS SSO

I know that accelerated maths 1 is mainly just all of linear algebra and some calculus 2(multi-dimensional), and accelerated maths 2 is the rest of calculus 2 and half of real analysis (a 2nd year subject) Then, most students to a subject called mutivariable and vector calculus, first semester 2nd year which is vector calculus(2nd year subject) and the rest of real analysis, so they do 4 subjects in the space of 3. Those four subjects are also prerequisites for a major in either pure or applied maths. Majors in discrete maths or statistics also need to do probability first semester (and they don't have to do vector calculus) Engineering majors have their own engineering maths subject in 2nd year I think, but they can choose to do vector calculus and another subject in 3rd year if they want a more comprehensive maths background.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)