Engineering & Science Double degree (1 Viewer)

physicsman1200

HSC
I am very interested in doing a double degree in engineering and science, but was wondering if you can choose any engineering major in such a degree. I was thinking of doing a Bachelor of Advanced Science and a Bachelor of Aeronautical (Space) Engineering at Usyd. Do any of u guys know if this is possible? Also how long will it take to complete if adv science is 3 yrs and the engineering degree is 4 years? Thanks in advance.

engineering

HSC
N/A
You need the required ATAR for both the general BE/BSc, and the specific BE option.

The general BE/BSc ATAR might be about 95, but if you want to do Aerospace as the BE side, you will need 99.x.

BE/BSc (Adv) is still 5 years (same as plain BE/BSc)

Fortify

♪웨딩드레스
HSC
Email the Faculty or you could visit the info day :)

physicsman1200

HSC
@engineering. but how do i apply for such a double degree through UAC, when the only course code is for the simple Engineering/Science double which like you said only needs 95, not for the aeronautical space double.

engineering

HSC
N/A
You only apply for BE/BSc - the uac choice for a combined degree does not include the stream of the BE.

On enrolment day you can choose any stream of the BE for which you have the ATAR. like above, if you have 95 you could pick BE (Civil)/BSc, but couldnt pick BE(Areospace)/BSc - this is based on last year's cutoffs

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
Is there even a BE/BSc(Adv) double degree?

physicsman1200

HSC
yer mate i am doing it, you just enrol for BE/BSc and depinding on your atar they'll pick you for the advance stream

ohYea

HSC
can someone do double degree in 2nd year if they're just doing a single degree in 1st year?

engineering

HSC
N/A
You can apply to UAC during the year to upgrade to a combined degree

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)