ENGL1025- what the? (1 Viewer)

rusty123

HSC
^CoSMic DoRiS^^ said:
sigh. i hate this subject. its really disappointing because i love english normally and i'm *usually* pretty damn good at it if you dont mind my saying so. but this...is shit. i hate it. i spend the majority of the lecture time trying to make sense of what he's saying - and by the time i've deconstructed one part of what he's said and written it down in plain english he's moved on to the next point and i get confused. aargh. webct, mate. USE IT.

i dont have anything against stefan, by the way...he's nice, he's friendly and he's obviously very intelligent and he does seem to be making an effort to get us engaged...but his lecturing style boggles my mind :s
perfectly put. especially as it looked so cool when i was picking subjects... i really liked the big sleep and ripley yet the subject is taking the fun out of them, unlike hsc english did with blade runner, frontline etc.

bazookajoe

Shy Guy
HSC
^CoSMic DoRiS^^ said:
hahaha dude you only have like a day left :s good luck though
I ended up doing English night before and Sociology day it was due :eek:
Like dagwoman said, I really slam assignments when I'm under pressure

dagwoman

Welcome to My Lair
HSC
N/A
Does anyone else find that *some* of the people in the subject are a little.. pretentious? E.g. the "insightful" questions at the end of the lectures. Some people really sound like wankers.

bazookajoe

Shy Guy
HSC
dagwoman said:
Does anyone else find that *some* of the people in the subject are a little.. pretentious? E.g. the "insightful" questions at the end of the lectures. Some people really sound like wankers.
Oh definitely

neafoo

HSC
hahahaa yeah.
btw had anyone done the reading for fridays lecture?
I wrote down what he had put up on the overhead about the missing week but i didnt have that listed as reading for the week.

fredbob777

HSC
oh the questions some people have asked after the lectures have pissed me off so much, talk about self promotion

dagwoman

Welcome to My Lair
HSC
N/A
fredbob777 said:
oh the questions some people have asked after the lectures have pissed me off so much, talk about self promotion
EXACTLY!

bazookajoe

Shy Guy
HSC
There was one question last lecture...can't remember exact wording, but some girl asking about how she doesn't see this character as portraying such and such personality traits, but some other archetypal traits or some such nonsense...
My head was about to explode

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
hahaha omg the question time...i feel really bad walking out on the lecture when people are talking but my god, some of the questions people ask either go straight over my head or are so...pretentiously... stupid that all you can say is WTF.
so nowadays i just get up and go when the lecture is done and to hell with the questions. like i said i feel a bit guilty but last time i stayed the person next to me asked some impossibly complicated question that took years to answer and i had to pee so bad :eek: but i couldnt leave seeing as how stefan + question dude were right there lol.

bazookajoe

Shy Guy
HSC
Rejoice people, for the next essay has been pushed back a week!

neafoo

HSC
Does anyone know what page in the book he says "its better to be a fake somebody than a real nobody"? i didnt have it written down but i know its in there somewhere :(

hows everyones assignments going?

neafoo

HSC
nah it says on the question that we CAN
so no ideas where the quote is in the book? :(

K.

HSC
neafoo said:
Does anyone know what page in the book he says "its better to be a fake somebody than a real nobody"? i didnt have it written down but i know its in there somewhere :(

hows everyones assignments going?

They only say that in the movie I think.

Someone let me read their essay

K.

HSC
:wave: Ben

Keeping tabs on circus boy for me? lolz, you're going to spend mothers day writing this essay

neafoo

HSC
ahh fuckit i just word it ambiguously so i only have quote the movie then. or someshit.

fucking 4 assignments due on 1 day >;(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)