English Advanced Predictions (HSC) (1 Viewer)

2xL

HSC
So what trickery are they gonna pull this time? Last year they specified speeches.
Think this year they gonna specify stuff again..just hope its Keating for speeches and an easy scene for Julius Caesar (Oration).

Uniqueness

HSC
N/A
Ugh that would epically suck! I'm thinking they might specify Sadat's speech just for the sake of it :/

deswa1

HSC
I sorta hope they specify that we write one of the responses in speech format... (don't think it'll happen though- they're moving away from that sort of thing)

someth1ng

Retired Nov '14
HSC
Uni Grad
I sorta hope they specify that we write one of the responses in speech format... (don't think it'll happen though- they're moving away from that sort of thing)
The board making the HSC has left text election in the pool of choice.

welbeck11

HSC
I am so sure they will specify either pearson or sadat and i'm scared coz i haven't even looked at them :L

Alkanes

HSC
I don't care what tricks they pulling, as long as its all essays i don't mind.

Rawf

HSC
What is the likelihood they'd specify a poem for yeats? (module B), last year they did it too :( I don't even know the poems I'm doing atm, let alone all the other ones!
And for module C, should we prepare 2 relateds? at the moment i only have 1!

Rawf

HSC
Yes you have to prepare for the worst.
Is there a big chance there will be a specified poem for module B? Or are the chances slim? :S And do we have to prepare for 3 poems or is 2 fine for it?
I think I'm gonna die... I just don't have time for english.

Alkanes

HSC
Well for Module B i'm doing Hamlet so i'm not too sure about the poems for speeches. But in saying so, since it was introduced last year I don't see why it could not happen again this year.

Airstrike

HSC
Well for Module B i'm doing Hamlet so i'm not too sure about the poems for speeches. But in saying so, since it was introduced last year I don't see why it could not happen again this year.
Yeah I'm doing Hamlet too...we gotta know the soliloquies back to front right?

deswa1

HSC
Yeah I'm doing Hamlet too...we gotta know the soliloquies back to front right?
I'd say knowing them just forwards would be fine- no need to know them backwards :p. But yeah, you should have a general idea of all the major themes and scenes in the play so that would include the soliloquies

jnney

lemon
HSC
I reckon they'll specify apeech for module B again, and pull out something funky for paper 1.

RishBonjour

HSC
Any speech other than pearson or atwood would be good. (although I prefer sadat, keating, deane)
I recon creative won't be a narrative this year, the past few years were just " use the stimulus.. write a story"
If its a speech, i can make up something, but feature article etc - hsc gone.

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC
The essay questions have typically asked for "atleast one" related text, and in the final year of Journeys in 2008 they actually specified two related texts. The 2009 and 2010 HSC paper 1 specified one related text omitting the whole "atleast" part but 2011 went back to asking for "atleast one". Probably not this year, but 2013 or 2014 paper 1 will almost certainly ask for two related texts and you'd be foolish not to prepare a backup just incase.

Madridismo

HSC
I think Sadat would be nominated this year if there is a nomination considering the issues and themes talked about in his speech are occurring to whats happening now in real life. Sort of like getting in with the times.

someth1ng

Retired Nov '14
HSC
Uni Grad
In the last 3 years, they've been messing around with the modules. I suspect that this year, they'll mess around with the AOS.

I wouldn't be surprised if there was a feature article for the creative for an extremely general or extremely specific question for the belonging essay.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)