• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

English Advanced predictions/thoughts (2 Viewers)

LuLuMall

HSC
Hi Guys, If you couldn't tell by my other posts I am pretty big on predicting exam questions. I have done it before for my exams and it's like my coping mechanism, kinda helps me have some control over the exam even though in reality we could be asked anything on the actual day. However, these are my predictions for English adv, if you guys have any inputs/thoughts pleaseee let me know.
For Paper 1, I feel like they will hit on the "Students explore how texts may give insight into the anomalies, paradoxes and inconsistencies..", not only has it not been done before, it seems like a good essay question.
For Paper 2, MOD C, I think we will be asked to write only imaginative or only discursive not too sure if we will be asked to write a reflection, as the CSSA eng adv trial paper didn't either.
Mod A, will be something ambiguous as always
Mod B is always the hardest for me to predict because there is always so many ways to ask the question, for example, they can give us a stimulus/extract, or they can ask us to speak on the form (I hope they don't do this, but it wouldn't be as worse as an extract), best case scenario would be a question on the prescribed text itself that way you can write the essay how you want.. I do T.S. Eliot so form and prescribed text is what I prefer as you can kinda group his essays based on concepts.

Anyways, let me know what you think!

mvrcuriee

#1 SK
HSC
Yeah completely agree with common mod, something along those lines
Mod C, predicting straight 20 of either creative or discursive… if not maybe 10/10 split
Mod A, might be an extract year with something super vague
Mod B (I do Eliot asw), absolutely no clue

hscccc

HSC
i dont have any predictions, just manifestations:

pls no specified eliot poem or section!
id love a 20 mark creative and please dont be one of those 'continue writing from this stiumulus"

but im curious to see others ideas

genenian

HSC
i reckon a full mod c or a 15 5 split
mod a def something more straightforward than last year LOL. high chance of an extract question
i feel like, for king henry iv part 1 mod b, they would target tragedy or context. high chance again for an extract
common i have no idea

LuLuMall

HSC
i dont have any predictions, just manifestations:

pls no specified eliot poem or section!
id love a 20 mark creative and please dont be one of those 'continue writing from this stiumulus"

but im curious to see others ideas
sameee about mod c, those are worst

LuLuMall

HSC
Yeah completely agree with common mod, something along those lines
Mod C, predicting straight 20 of either creative or discursive… if not maybe 10/10 split
Mod A, might be an extract year with something super vague
Mod B (I do Eliot asw), absolutely no clue
10/10 split would be gold, because you aren't expected to write as much and they're not too harsh with this because of that.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)