• Best of luck to the class of 2024 for their HSC exams. You got this!
    Let us know your thoughts on the HSC exams here
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

English Advanced Predictions/Thoughts (40 Viewers)

sainzsgf

HSC
its not a real subject its just a memory test
also i think english is complete bs and is just purely luck, essay wise, like no matter how much you prepare, if the essay question matches your arguments and you don't have to change anything you're already at a slight advantage (wether your analysis is actually good is another thing but like yk)

aqwerty13402

HSC
also i think english is complete bs and is just purely luck, essay wise, like no matter how much you prepare, if the essay question matches your arguments and you don't have to change anything you're already at a slight advantage (wether your analysis is actually good is another thing but like yk)
p r e a c h

opixmelly

HSC
the markers don't even care about your analysis unless it's shit. they only care about whether you've answered the question so if you spam the words of the question everywhere you could probs trick them

sanarysurmer

HSC
if you don't mind can you please share the question
To what extent has your prescribed text informed your understanding of the way emotions create anomalies and paradoxes in human behaviour.

Prescribed text: The merchant of Venice and 1984

sanarysurmer

HSC
in that case im putting my strongest para first and itll gradually worsen lmao
my English teacher who's worked with external markers and marks hsc too says that they read your intro very thoroughly and from there they put you into a Band range (B6,5,4,3...) and from there its the specific mark like being in the a high or low range of the band. they still do read the whole essay but they generally 'skim' through it.

sanarysurmer

HSC
remember they get paid per paper and they are marking in the afternoon after their work so they want an essay that is interesting and well written. if you have a shitty and clunky intro they are going to know that its probably not gonna be great going down. Obvi if your intro is mid but your analysis is great they will bump you up but having a good intro is super super important.

My teacher did a thing where we got 10 random papers and she marked them based on the intros and 7 of them she got spot on and the other 3 she got 1/2 marks off.

sainzsgf

HSC
my English teacher who's worked with external markers and marks hsc too says that they read your intro very thoroughly and from there they put you into a Band range (B6,5,4,3...) and from there its the specific mark like being in the a high or low range of the band. they still do read the whole essay but they generally 'skim' through it.
yeah same with my english teachers too, they've always placed a good emphasis on having a solid intro and thesis

caliw35

HSC
when you guys say you memorise ur essays, are you remembering paragraphs word for word bc that's why I'm trying but ill forget a sentence or two, and its taking me all day to memorise my common mod essay when I also needed to do paper 1 practice asw as memorise other modules. help!

genenian

HSC
when you guys say you memorise ur essays, are you remembering paragraphs word for word bc that's why I'm trying but ill forget a sentence or two, and its taking me all day to memorise my common mod essay when I also needed to do paper 1 practice asw as memorise other modules. help!
i think in a lot of cases its good to have intro, body 1st sentence and body last sentences to include your main thesis that you're confident about
but for analysis do lots a paragraph plans and know your qtm loosely, not word for word, because that will force you to write to the quetsion on the day

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 31, Guests: 9)