• Best of luck to the class of 2024 for their HSC exams. You got this!
    Let us know your thoughts on the HSC exams here
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

English Advanced Predictions/Thoughts (4 Viewers)

askit

HSC
i feel like everyone forgets mod c is of equal value to the paper, like the essays arent worth more. id rather get two 18s in mod C and A than getting a 19 in an essay but getting a 15 in mod c, like thats 6 marks thrown away. i feel like its easier to do better in mod c bc they reward ur crafting and u just adapt to the fluffy question - memorise a justification and thats a pretty easy 8-10 marks tbh
Problem with mod c is the variability with questions, which does affect the other modules but to a much lesser extent ie. rubric basically gives you examinable stuff like for common mod yk u can get a q on paradoxes - mod c's whole schtick is to be the least prep-arable, which is why its basically hated lmao

hscccc

HSC
Problem with mod c is the variability with questions, which does affect the other modules but to a much lesser extent ie. rubric basically gives you examinable stuff like for common mod yk u can get a q on paradoxes - mod c's whole schtick is to be the least prep-arable, which is why its basically hated lmao
yeah thats a valid point

la_sportive

HSC
Only thing that scares me is mod b text prescription, since I do eliot. If they prescribe a poem I am not prepared for I'll probably kill myself honestly. I'm making the dumb decision to assume that they wont prescribe hollow men again (since they did that a few years back), so I have a 3/4 chance that they prescrie one of my poems. Hopefully love song since i like my love song paragrah the least
Lowkey that hollow men extract was fire, I had like 4-5 quotes from the paragraph in my essay. And tbh Eliot's not so bad for extracts, like at least all the poems are kinda similar and you just replace one paragraph. Plus they're relatively short, just reread the day before imo

aqwerty13402

HSC
Lowkey that hollow men extract was fire, I had like 4-5 quotes from the paragraph in my essay. And tbh Eliot's not so bad for extracts, like at least all the poems are kinda similar and you just replace one paragraph. Plus they're relatively short, just reread the day before imo
True. I think I'd be best suited to a Magi extract, since its in my essay and its short so there's a chance that the extract i'll alr have.

askit

HSC
Do any of you guys know how paper 1 will be stapled? - A few of my friends told me that they staple them weird

tish1105

HSC
hi guys, i just posted my english essays as a new post. i think you can se eit on my account. please help me out and check and mark them. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE. I NEED HELP THANKS

Alyosha

HSC
yeah mod C ranges from being somewhat manageable to the unlubed d*ldo of consequences from not understanding correctly the page-long syllabus document being expertly shoved up one's behind to inflict the most pain possible.

lyingsalsa

HSC
yeah mod C ranges from being somewhat manageable to the unlubed d*ldo of consequences from not understanding correctly the page-long syllabus document being expertly shoved up one's behind to inflict the most pain possible.
the use of explicit imagery would better be used in your mod C script. also that metaphorical juxtaposition would be pretty nice as well

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)