English Advanced - Texts Related to POWER (1 Viewer)

sowrongitstom

HSC
I'm in year 11 and im doing the topic POWER for my area of study. I was given this assessment where i must write a feature article and rationale based on power. I must include 3 text 2 i has been given to the classes by our teachers but we must find another text byself.

WHAT IS A TEXT THAT IS RELATED TO POWER?
It could be a short story, extract from a novel/play scripte, feature article, scripted interview/speech or song lyrics

Please Help! :uhoh:

flashy04

Premium Member
HSC
hey im doing the same theme :). our main text is 1984 by george orwell and my related text is anthem by ayn rand. they both use power, also look at animal farm by george orwell, that is supposed to be a really good one. good luck :)

zxreth

HSC
hey im baically doing the same thing as well, except my one is "power and powerlesness". what school do you go to maybe when can exchange the visuals, texts we studied in class?

slyhunter

Retired
HSC
Well, texts that are related to "power" are pretty easy to find....

or you could just scroll through the resources section here

ShardaiJimenez

HSC
Hey guys im doing the same thing.. sorta lol
out area of study is ' Power and the individual ' I have to do a speech in relation to our perscribed text. this being Farenheit 451.. The text i have chosen is the movie Freedom Writers, its a great example of power and its also really ineresting.
goodluck :)

zxreth

HSC
hey im doing the same theme :). our main text is 1984 by george orwell and my related text is anthem by ayn rand. they both use power, also look at animal farm by george orwell, that is supposed to be a really good one. good luck :)
im using this book for an assignment of mine. could you please give me any good quotes (i.e. one that involves a technique as well) you have in relation to the power of the government in this and/or if you have any in relation to the powerlessness of winston.

thanks =]

gella

HSC
i used v for vendetta and a clockwork orange for my texts. a clockwork orange is a bit tricky to talk about, but if you can do it well then go for it mang

AmieLea

HSC
Spiderman xD
haha, "with great power, comes great responsibility"... :sun:

mmm... you could do something on womens power/rights... domestic violence... "Queen of the Damned", the woman vampire holds sexual power over the male (except then he helps kill her, you could leave that out lol)

supercalamari

you've got the love
HSC
The Last King of Scotland- movie or book by Giles Foden
Macbeth
Elizabeth- movie, directed by Shekhar Kapur
The King Who Never Spoke- short story by John le Carre

mirakon

nigga
HSC
Essentially every text explores power in some way or another. I would pick Harry Potter as a good text though as well as The Green Mile

Bek-babe

HSC
out area of study is ' Power and the individual ' I have to do a speech in relation to our perscribed text. this being Farenheit 451.. The text i have chosen is the movie Freedom Writers, its a great example of power and its also really ineresting.
Hey Im doing Power and the Individual too. But our text is 1984, and i havent found a related text yet for that assignment

ShakSparrow

HSC
Hey, i studied fahrentheit 451 which was pretty good, it had things like societal power and a dystonic socient things like that, my related text was remeber the titans...its a great watch too so its not boring to analyse...

also v for vendetta is a GREAT choice :D

ShakSparrow

HSC
hey, what aspects of power were in that movie?!?! i would really appreciate the help :D
plz thanks

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)