ENGLISH! (All courses welcome =D) (1 Viewer)

Concubine

Mew!
HSC
Adv: "Justice"
We studied Bruce Dawe's 'Homecoming', Raymond Tong's 'African Beggar' and I chose 'V for Vendetta' as my related text.

Ext: "Appropriation"
Mainly concering fairytales. I did my assessment on 'The Wizard of Oz' and Gregory Maguire's 'Wicked: The Life and Times of the Wicked Witch of the West.'

brookeemma

HSC
english- change. changing perspective. we're studying a poetry anthology(but thats over now). soon moving on to othello. english extension doing satire. trying to complete an essay on animal farm atm but its just not working for me :'(. feel so in over my head atm. sniff.

Annalisee

HSC
fioni said:
In advanced we were doing power in gender relations && doing Plath && now we're doing a critical study on Othello involving many types of readings :headbang:
&&?

We are studying John Donne at the moment, I find his poetry romantic and beautiful so I guess I am getting something out of it. His are much better texts to study than Maestro or Sky High, how boring and monotonous. I swear Maestro gave me a bleed in my brain.

veronica6535

HSC
Im doing advanced english with extension 1 aswell!

We are doing change as area of study.. Just finished OTHELLO! arggghh
and with extension we are reading Homer's The Odyssey.

Aremanduh

HSC
ACT system, but still similar:

advanced: Women behavng badly -through literary perspectives. Texts= North and South By elizabeth gaskel (i hate that book, makes me want to die. so may prissy polite people) and The crucible by Arthur Miller.

extended: Writers in depth - Charles Dickens. Texts= oliver twist, david copperfield, and a christmas carol. (a christmas carol was a pathetic choice in my opinion, that teacher thrives on babying us.. sigh)

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad
I haaaaate english at the moment. We're doing Macbeth. Never done anything so boring.. writing bloody essays and crap every lesson = bleh.
We're also doing Macbeth at the moment. 'Taming of the Shrew' in particular is the elective. I think it's a wonderful, hilarious play because we were able to use the audio tape... which is much better than reading it ourselves.

There is now an assessment on it. It's a poster! woot... no speech and poster, just a poster + a tiny explanation on a piece of paper ^_^. I'm loving the ease of English at the moment.

strahlz

HSC
in advanced we are doing change and reading maos last dancer and extension is gothic and we just finished reading the castle of otranto and are starting turn of the screw

Sammy2011

HSC
For Advanced I'm doing 'View of the artist', and I'm not sure this is even a real topic...Anyone know? As for novel study, we havn't even been given a book/title yet. Just been going on about forms and features...all stuff we learnt last year, year 9, 8 ect

As for Extension, I'm studying 'Acadia', which is in the Romanticism era.

Memi

HSC
N/A
Advanced English and doing Change.
Really hoping the novel with be Mao's Last Dancer~.

CecilyMare

HSC
Advanced English and doing Change.
Really hoping the novel with be Mao's Last Dancer~.
We are studying the human condition in english advanced and going through a variety of poems, last one being Prufrock by TS Eliot. I wish we could lay off the simple tone and rhythm crap and start learning existentialist or psychoanalytic concepts, since the area of study itself focuses more on the character than the structure of a text =s

For engx we're doing short stories. Teacher is far worse so I feel compelled not to complain about my english advanced teacher, let alone this one. All we have done is be given a few short stories like The Necklace and The Tell Tale Heart, and have a few discussions on repetition and similes and a vague explanation of character development, eg psychological guilt.

zz

duckcowhybrid

HSC
We are studying the human condition in english advanced and going through a variety of poems, last one being Prufrock by TS Eliot. I wish we could lay off the simple tone and rhythm crap and start learning existentialist or psychoanalytic concepts, since the area of study itself focuses more on the character than the structure of a text =s

For engx we're doing short stories. Teacher is far worse so I feel compelled not to complain about my english advanced teacher, let alone this one. All we have done is be given a few short stories like The Necklace and The Tell Tale Heart, and have a few discussions on repetition and similes and a vague explanation of character development, eg psychological guilt.

zz
Same as us, EE1 in different order. Don't worry, the Year 12 course is even worse.

Devouyer

HSC
I'm doing....
ENG advanced: representation of truth, watching frontline
ENG extension: Utopia and Dystopia, reading Utopia by Thomas More
pretty interesting and really enjoying it so far :)

Sammy2011

HSC
Ugh. I'm doing 'View of the Artist', anyone else doing that or something similar?

Readaholic

HSC
Uni Grad
Wow, so many people are doing the topic "Change"!

I'm doing Advanced English: Authority (Examining the play Whose Life is it anyway?)
Extension English: Appropriation through man in the Nuclear age (analysed the poem "Five ways to kill a man", examining the picture book "when the wind blows"). I wish we were doing fairytales like some of you guys!

We have to do Related material anthology for advanced and analyse three pieces (different text types) to use that have the theme of authority. If anyone can think of any poem, movie or television scene, book, play, newspaper article, poster, artwork, etc. that has authority can you give me the name of it?? Thanks!

That Random One

HSC
In our English Advanced class we are doing the concept of Journeys. We are mostly studing poems but have done one short story. For our assessment we had to compare/relate one or more of the poems to our own related material. Not to bad :)

escapist001

HSC
Adv English; Authority and watching Grow Your Own.

Ext 1; Dark Side, and reading Dracula.

:)

Melanie93

HSC
In Advanced where doing journeys..
John Foulcher poetry (in specific, "Summer Rain" and "For the Fire")
In term 2 we're doing Emma by Jane Austen and Othello by Shakespeare

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)