English AoS Related Texts (1 Viewer)

Fonzie

HSC
Well, I've just finished my first week of year 11 and I must say the prospective workload for the rest of the year is pretty scary, especially when it comes to english.
Anyway, the Area of Study we've been assigned for Advanced and Extension English are Change and Rites of Passage (respetively) and I need to find 2 additional texts in relation to each. The problem is, I'm not a very frequent reader and have absolutely no idea where to begin.

I would appreciate greatly if anyone could suggest some ideas.

sladehk

le random
HSC
its the same for the rest of us
--------------
ps
hmmm Fonzie....
the name rings a bell... Alfonzo?

tennille

HSC
I read this book called Desert Dawn by Waris Dirie. It's about how a Somali woman returns to Somalia after abandoning her country and family. She learns a lot about her culture, etc. It's a good book for Change, and it's not that long.

B35tY

HSC
zomg teh alfonzo wot english class you in?

if ur not already doin it then use unreliable memoirs by Clive James. Our class is doin it and its actually pretty funny in places. It relates to both topics.

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
my class is reading "THe Mosquitoe Coast "
pretty boring atm ><
and we're gonna do a film study on " Planet of the apes "
the old verison ,, not the new one.

well, basically all the books i read are long , but there's one book which MIGHt interest you... it involves change :) .. lotsa change xD
book is called "Idle wild " not too long , not too short. but the italics at the beginning of each chapter are annoying.

another book for change is "The Matarese Circle " by Robert Ludlum.
although its kinda dull ... speaking about wats GONNA happen , not was ACTUALLI happening so yeh
GL

Fonzie

HSC
Wow! Thanks Guys! :D

-----------------------------
P.S. Hi, Best!.....and Mak

sladehk

le random
HSC
lol, so it is Alfonzo
Cheers anyway
-------------
PS. Hope you can beat the Su(s)

Lisa_8

HSC
I'm doing Heroism (English Adv) and Feminism (English Ext). Any suggestions of texts that have something to do with the topics above would be very helpful. Thanks!

Fonzie

HSC
Well, for feminism, you might want to try The Female Eunuch written by Germaine Greer, one of Australia's most prominent feminists during the 60's and 70's (Thank You, year 10 history).

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
for hero-ism , i'd probably do scarecrow by matthew reilly ^^

beersandwich

HSC
discovery

im doin discovery and i need texts for my portfolio. preferrably self discovery

modelzsuck

Kylie
HSC
For year 11 I did this book called White Oleander, its about a girl whos mum kills her boyfriend and has to go to jail so she has to go to foster homes, bad things happen at all of them and she changes from a really nice girl in the start to a gothic type bad girl, its a really good book and theres a movie aswell but be warned the movie is a lot different to the novel, an really good example of a movie is that movie called thirteen with the girl who changes alot too. Hope I was of help. There are millions of texts out there and every single one relates to change you just have to be really good at arguing that it is relevent. There are alot of really good texts out there though.

beersandwich

HSC
discover

thanks, but that sounds more like change then discovery. One exampl is the matrix, where he discovers he is the 'One' n stuff like that

sladehk

le random
HSC
^ are you allowed to do the Matrix???

beersandwich

HSC
yeah, you can do whatever you want, aslong as you can relate it to your prescribed AoS

geegables

HSC
so i have to bring in my two texts to deal with Changing Perspectives. Thirteen looks good so i might use that. Any suggestions for my second one?

j2i2z

HSC
Change has the most related texts. The key ingredient to change is how well u bs.
Remember the titans is a great movie to go on and on bcause it deals wif so many issues.
Self change~ use markus Zusak's "The messenger"
also many autobiographies r real good. my fav is Nelson Mandella's.

PLooB

HSC
AoS: Change
Annotations of texts prescribed for the first time for HSC 2001 and 2002
Acrobat PDF 80 pages (741k)

Great list of texts for the use of change.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)