English assignment (1 Viewer)

Barunsangha

HSC
Could someone give me some movie recommendations for human experiences for my English assignment plz…

The following outcomes will be assessed:
EN12-1: independently responds to and composes complex texts for understanding, interpretation, critical
analysis, imaginative expression and pleasure
EN12-3: analyses and uses language forms, features and structures of texts and justifies their appropriateness for
purpose, audience and context and explains effects on meaning
EN12-5: thinks imaginatively, creatively, interpretively, analytically and discerningly to respond to and compose
texts that include considered and detailed information, ideas and arguments
EN12-6: investigates and explains the relationships between texts
EN12-7: explains and evaluates the diverse ways texts can represent personal and public worlds

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
This depends on the nature of your assignment (i.e. whether you are required to explore a prescribed text and a film, or solely explore a film). If you are required to utilise both a prescribed text and a film, it would be good if you could list your prescribed text and/or the level of English that you are taking.

Regardless, having considered the outcomes that you will be assessed on, here are some good film recommendations that are likely to be suitable with respect to your assignment:
  • Hacksaw Ridge (2016)
  • Schindler's List (1993)
  • The Insider (1999)
  • Dead Poets Society (1989)
  • Cry Freedom (1987)
  • Good Night, and Good Luck (2005)
  • The Imitation Game (2014)
  • The Lives of Others (2006)
  • Charlie Wilson's War (2007)
  • Million Dollar Baby (2004)
  • In the Name of the Father (1993)
  • Philadelphia (1993)
  • Gandhi (1982)
  • 12 Angry Men (1957)
I hope this helps! :D

sab13562

HSC
Could someone give me some movie recommendations for human experiences for my English assignment plz…

The following outcomes will be assessed:
EN12-1: independently responds to and composes complex texts for understanding, interpretation, critical
analysis, imaginative expression and pleasure
EN12-3: analyses and uses language forms, features and structures of texts and justifies their appropriateness for
purpose, audience and context and explains effects on meaning
EN12-5: thinks imaginatively, creatively, interpretively, analytically and discerningly to respond to and compose
texts that include considered and detailed information, ideas and arguments
EN12-6: investigates and explains the relationships between texts
EN12-7: explains and evaluates the diverse ways texts can represent personal and public worlds
Looking for Alibrandi is a good one, though it might be hard to find online.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)