English Essay Memorisers!!! (1 Viewer)

penciltron

HSC
i memorised essays completely word for word then just adapted it to the question.
all those eng ext teachers tried to tell me not to rote it but i got 48/50 and 92 for eng adv so ha!

EATAPIE

BMW>>>>Mercedes (see sig)
HSC
archangel leila said:
I've memorised all through high school! and it's never failed me! this time was no exception - 95! (Adv) Yeeewww!
good on ya. And I'm sure you'll be close to the 100UAI mark.

queenie

I know what ur thinkin...
HSC
memorised my essays and got 93! go the memorising people that cant write for crap under exam conditions

sh3zz

HSC
CALL OUT to all the pro essay memorisers, just one question

how do u prepare an entire essay BEFORE the exam? what if the question had very little relevance to your essay?

biscuit

Step 1: Write notes for AOS + Modules
Step 2: Write generic essay for AOS and each module; mine were like 1200-1300 words, more than i could write in 40mins.. but they contained everything relating to the syllabus
Step 3: I memorised each essay pretty much, and knew my notes + quotes v well

result; 91 !! :)

bradc1988

HSC
I memorised and got 80 in standard. Top 2.34% yay. I would've done a lot better but 1 of the texts asked for a specific scene and I only had general bits from the whole play. Man that pissed me off.

Last edited:
HSC
N/A
memorised. Im the f-- dumbest f-- in the world n memorised an essay my friend help me wif. Got 80. seirously im like wtf! definitely memorise, n get teacher n e.t.c to look ova. If a dumb person liek me can do. all u dudes can do it

Mandy101

HSC
I mostly memorised - and got 92 in the exam, giving me an average of 91 yay!!

香港!

HSC
Ye Olde St Nick said:
There's no fun in memorising though, and u don't get as rich a HSC experience.
I'd rather get a richer UAI instead of a rich HSC experience lol

HSC
N/A
freestyle the story!... This is how i wrote mine, i looked around the room n saw a samoan n i wrote about a gangster in the hood for sheezy fo heezy. Its f-- imaginative but probably got 5 out of 15 cause i wrote the f-- word in ther. whoops!

ishq

brown?
HSC
Memorised essays + creative writing for most of the text types and many possible stimuli = 94 in the exam.

tinklepot

HSC
memorised the three modules essays, journeys essay and creative (advanced), memorised essay and creative for 3u. advanced - 97, 3u - 48

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
香港! said:
Anyone who just memorised essays, wat did you get??
I got 85, English Advanced!!
W00t!!!
*Sigh* 89% overall. 90% in exam, school mark 87%. What a bummer.

EDIT: But bear in mind, I didn't really memorize an essay word for word... my memory capacity just isn't up to it~ I only memorize the points and regurgitate them, making up the stuff in between and often unintentionally rearranging it to beyond recognition of the original.

VQ

HSC
I LEARNED essays and memorized points (not words by words) and modified them (though I realised how little my modification was) and I got 93, it was ESL anyway....

_dhj_

-_-
HSC
Ye Olde St Nick said:
There's no fun in memorising though, and u don't get as rich a HSC experience.

I thought memorising WAS the HSC experience...

Anyway.. I memorised for AOS essay n got 95

Carnivour

HSC
haha this thread makes me laugh. I guess i should be fairly proud of not ever, ever memorising an english essay, including the HSC, and getting 97.

what is the fucking NEED to memorise? what happened to actually THINKING??? its only a matter of looking at a text and being able to see links.

i fucking hated english all of my highschool life, i barely survived the HSC english advanced classes, did not do any english extensions, and then i see people who got low 90s in advanced get high 40s in extensions, and that makes me sad because i know i would have nailed the "extensions". ah well, like someone said, the HSC is a game, and i played that part of it wrong.

by the way, english is my 3rd language. booyah.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)