english ext 1... critical, creative or both? (1 Viewer)

itsalovehaterelo

HSC
whats everyone guessing for common mod this year? im praying for a creative i dont know criticallll

hb0623

HSC
probs creative and reflection because they haven't asked a reflection yet for the common module and it's one of the sample questions

Rattlehead15

HSC
probs creative and reflection because they haven't asked a reflection yet for the common module and it's one of the sample questions
I hope so, I find it kind of ridiculous that the exam can be 100% critical. 50% creative, 50% critical is a good representation of the course as a whole and definitely more interesting to tackle. Imo its a 50/50 coin toss as to whether they do a section I creative or critical.

hb0623

HSC
I hope so, I find it kind of ridiculous that the exam can be 100% critical. 50% creative, 50% critical is a good representation of the course as a whole and definitely more interesting to tackle. Imo its a 50/50 coin toss as to whether they do a section I creative or critical.
honestly I'll take anything but a 100% creative at this point I got that for my trial and it was hell

TrueAlpha

HSC
Oh I’m so so hoping for a 100% critical. If it’s full critical I can push for an E4 but creative will be the bane of my existence 😭😭. Does anyone know how likely a full creative is?

Rattlehead15

HSC
Oh I’m so so hoping for a 100% critical. If it’s full critical I can push for an E4 but creative will be the bane of my existence 😭😭. Does anyone know how likely a full creative is?
2019 was creative (15 marks) and critical (10 marks)
2020 was full critical
2021 was full critical
2022 was full creative
In my opinion given this context theres probably around a 50-50 chance for creative or critical. Given that it is critical, Id say theres another 50% chance that it has a reflection component or is split in to parts, just because the last 3 years in a row have been full 25 markers, two of which being critical. Personally, Im hoping for an imaginative 15 marker with reflection 10 marker.

Rattlehead15

HSC
2019 was creative (15 marks) and critical (10 marks)
2020 was full critical
2021 was full critical
2022 was full creative
In my opinion given this context theres probably around a 50-50 chance for creative or critical. Given that it is critical, Id say theres another 50% chance that it has a reflection component or is split in to parts, just because the last 3 years in a row have been full 25 markers, two of which being critical. Personally, Im hoping for an imaginative 15 marker with reflection 10 marker.
ok nvm about reflective part, the exam can only have creative or critical, no reflection, according to the nesa exam specifications.

TrueAlpha

HSC
Damn in that case yeh defs hoping for full critical or even a critical creative split. Anything but full creative will do.

TrueAlpha

HSC
What electives does everyone do, I feel like I’m the only one that does intersecting worlds.

Rattlehead15

HSC
What electives does everyone do, I feel like I’m the only one that does intersecting worlds.
Worlds of upheaval, I feel like basically every school does it 😅 yeah you are the first person Ive heard of doing intersecting worlds

HSC
we do worlds of upheaval too, but our teacher said that she's used to teaching literary homelands, and that at other schools she's been at, that's the one they tend to do

i guess its a bit of a mix but im yet to meet anyone doing mindscapes or intersecting haha

HSC
we do worlds of upheaval too, but our teacher said that she's used to teaching literary homelands, and that at other schools she's been at, that's the one they tend to do

i guess its a bit of a mix but im yet to meet anyone doing mindscapes or intersecting haha
oh our school has one class doing upheavel and one doing mindscapes

btw what texts do you guys think they will ask for in the elective essay? like 2 prescribeds and 1 related or even 2 related?

HSC
oh our school has one class doing upheavel and one doing mindscapes

btw what texts do you guys think they will ask for in the elective essay? like 2 prescribeds and 1 related or even 2 related?
I've never seen a question that asked for anything except "2 prescribed and at least one related" but I suppose that doesn't prohibit them from changing it this year lol

TrueAlpha

HSC
Im doing intersecting worlds!! What texts are you doing?
Omg really, that’s so exciting! For my prescribed texts my class (the 2 of us ☠) are doing Clay, The Hunter, and William Wordsworth. As for selected texts we are doing 14 Peaks: Nothing is Impossible (documentary) and Where the Crawdads Sing (novel), except I’m only really familiar with 14 peaks. How about you?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)