english ext 1... critical, creative or both? (1 Viewer)

Rattlehead15

HSC
Were we meant to quote the stimulus in our essays for Section II? It said make reference to Prescribed and Related texts but it didn't specifically mention to reference the stimulus did it?

band6yesplease

HSC
Were we meant to quote the stimulus in our essays for Section II? It said make reference to Prescribed and Related texts but it didn't specifically mention to reference the stimulus did it?
Idk if it was the same for every topic but my question was about how the stimulus is echos (etc) my understandings of reimagined worlds so I focussed on the stimulus.
I definitely think you were supposed to mention it, I had probably 4 quotes from it in every paragraph including 2 in the intro

HSC
i focussed heavily on the stimulus... like quoting it and everything, i hope thats ok

what a silly goofy paper but in hindsight i kinda liked it.........

did anyone else have their character straight up just read a book to "enter a literary world" or whatever??? or am i a simpleminded buffoon

James D H

HSC
I used 4 quotes form the stimulus just to be safe, using them in my 2 body paragraphs. Exam went well. Glad it was creative for common mod!

James D H

HSC
i focussed heavily on the stimulus... like quoting it and everything, i hope thats ok

did anyone else have their character straight up just read a book to "enter a literary world" or whatever??? or am i a simpleminded buffoon
My opening for creative was the first few sentences from The Hobbit- because of the whole unexpected journey....

band6yesplease

HSC
Was no one else surprised at the format of the paper??? Like I opened it and I thought I was missing the stimulus booklet for or something like I actually had no idea they could just ask a question for lit worlds
YES and I also didn’t know they ccould ask discursive( and when I saw how long the extract was for sectionII I was so confused

Rattlehead15

HSC
Idk if it was the same for every topic but my question was about how the stimulus is echos (etc) my understandings of reimagined worlds so I focussed on the stimulus.
I definitely think you were supposed to mention it, I had probably 4 quotes from it in every paragraph including 2 in the intro
Oh shit

Rattlehead15

HSC

I did that except a letter instead of a book.

Rattlehead15

HSC
I DIDNT quote the stimulus at all for mindscapes and neither did most people in my grade so um fingers crossed!
I never quoted the extract. The only time I even acknowledged its existence was in the conclusion, where I linked it to what I just wrote in the essay. I hope that's enough? My fingers are more than crossed, my fingers are knotted.

TrueAlpha

HSC
I don't like how both Advanced and Extension this year were very friendly to pre-prepared responses. I wish that super specific stimulus was Section I instead of Section II.
Yes ikkk, I don’t ever prepare responses but now regret kinda settling cos I could have easily prepped a response to fit a question like that but it’s fine ig, I finished my exams now so I’m glad it’s all over!

band6yesplease

HSC
Yes ikkk, I don’t ever prepare responses but now regret kinda settling cos I could have easily prepped a response to fit a question like that but it’s fine ig, I finished my exams now so I’m glad it’s all over!
OMG YOU'RE FINISHED!!??? CONGRATULATIONS OMG HAVE THE BEST NAP RN UR AMAZING

James D H

HSC
I don't like how both Advanced and Extension this year were very friendly to pre-prepared responses. I wish that super specific stimulus was Section I instead of Section II.
Yeah, I kinda thought the same, just the way they were worded. But with the stimulus, I guess it gave freedom for creative, allowing the essays to focus better, and have something to align themselves with.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)