English Ext 1 (1 Viewer)

_muse_

Come on join the joyride
HSC
Hey, how many of you guys have recieved your texts for the crime fiction genre for yr 12 ext 1?? we got ours yesterday, we're doing the skull beneath the skull and anils ghost (i think thats what its called). wat are you guys doing?

also, how many of you are picking up ext 2??

-blueblue-

hey!
HSC
N/A
we are doing crime fiction .. but we dont get our texts to next term!!!! I can probably have a good guess at the text though seeing theyre are only like 4 texts that you can study for crime. Nah i dont think i am picking up ee2, although i might!

i dont wish to do crime fiction!!!! why oh why did our teacher pick it

capsicum

HSC
ooh! we did crime fiction this term and we did the hound of the baskervilles! i love Sherlock Holmes! "Elementary, my dear Watson!" haha

taxman

make poverty
HSC
We get our crime fiction texts next week and I'm pretty psyched about it. I've been reading a bit of Shane Maloney's stuff and that's pretty cool, but I doubt we'll get anything like that for extension.

As for picking up extension 2, don't talk to me about it. ARGH! My school won't let me take it on but they left it to the last minute to tell me so I wouldn't do it at another school. They say to me, "no, we don't want you to do the course." So i said, fine, I'll do it Hurlstone Agricultural." And then the arseholes say to me "Oh no, we wouldn't want Hurlstone to get all the credit for that!" What the fuck is wrong with people these days!?

Anyway, Crime Fiction. I'm psyched.

Kulazzi

HSC
taxman said:
We get our crime fiction texts next week
but isn't next week the holidays??? Unless they're doing a special delivery right to your door :p

astro

HSC
we've got two of our texts for 'individual and the society' - 'north and south' - elizabeth gaskell , 'poratrait of a lady' - henry james

ameh

dirty trick
HSC
N/A
we're doing crime fiction as well: anils ghost, the big sleep and the real inspector hound!

:kaz.n:

HSC
hey im doing crime fiction next year and my texts are Skull beneath the skin, the big sleep and shamus moloney or something?

i didnt want to do this but i had no choice...

not doing ee2, already doing society and culture which involves a PIP couldnt imagine doing two haha

snickerdoodle

year of the dog
HSC
My teacher said that she found Crime Fiction incredibly boring and most of the schools in the state have picked it, so instead we're doing fantasy fiction. I know that we're watching (or reading? I'm not sure) Lord of the Rings, but I've forgotten the names of the other texts.

I'm picking up Extension 2. It seems to me that it'll be much easier that Extension 1, but maybe that's just because I'm trying to make myself feel better.

Ahh, I have to do the PIP as well! How sucky.

Sweets

objective subjectives
HSC
Is every1 doing crime fiction?? we're doing revenge tragedy, im totally looking forward to it. much better then the hero.

snickerdoodle- i picked up ext2 as well and i have a PIP as well...but im really going to try to be organised about it. :rolleyes:

boasboy

MUSTARD*
HSC
our teachers are sooo sloowwww... they were like.. "we haven't decided yet.. wait till next term" ... and we're meant to be a selective school >_<"

but i think it might be speculative fiction.. which would be great. :D
but not certain yet >_<"

what is PIP?

-blueblue-

hey!
HSC
N/A
boasboy said:
our teachers are sooo sloowwww... they were like.. "we haven't decided yet.. wait till next term" ... and we're meant to be a selective school >_<"

but i think it might be speculative fiction.. which would be great. :D
but not certain yet >_<"

what is PIP?
our teachers havent decided for sure yet. but they said probably crime fiction, but who knows they keep changing their minds, so we cant start reading the texts or anything

nick1048

Mè çHöP ŸèW
The Mat®ix Ordinates: Sector 1-337- Statu
HSC
hopefully next year will be speculative fiction where we can actually read stuff we would read in our spare time anyway and analyse it's contribution to English literature. Why did they have to implement techniques, crit lit was so much better :( I wish I was born a few years b4 I was, the OLD HSC was cooler

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
WHY IS EVERYBODY DOING CRIME FIC?

My teacher said she wanted to do it because it is "safe" (that is: she ahd done it for the past 4 or so years) but this year the class decided to do speculative fiction, which is good, since I don't like crime fiction.

Our texts are Dune, Handmaiden's Tale, et cetera.

RyddeckerSMP

Go The Knights!
HSC
I am doing spec fic as well, starting next term with Lord Of the Rings (film)...

tez0r

Rawr?
HSC
i think we're doing science fiction, cause i asked one of my teachers, and he said we're gonna be doing Dune. Sounds alrite :)

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
It's speculative fiction actually, not science fiction. It includes fantasy, not just sci-fi.

Donshe: Cyteen = bad?

RyddeckerSMP

Go The Knights!
HSC
Slide Rule said:
It's speculative fiction actually, not science fiction. It includes fantasy, not just sci-fi.

Donshe: Cyteen = bad?
Cyteen is chunky beyond belief apparently, hence why people don't like it...
In my class we get to choose between dune/cyteen (already doing LOTR and Handmaid's tale)...

Pointy Ears

HSC
In my school, which happens to be one of those underdog schools, there are only 4 students in the class and we are the second grade to have ever attempted the english extensions.
Therefore because of my teachers so called 'Lack of experiece', she decided to choose the safer 'crime fiction' genre.
We study The Big sleep, the skull beneath the skin and are going to do the Da vinci code as a supp. text.
Big piss off really as was quite looking forward to doing spec fic (I MEAN WE GET TO STUDY THE LORD OF THE RINGS MOVIE) but my lazy classmates arent up to the challenge cos its apparently, one of the harder topics to study.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)