English Ext 1 (1 Viewer)

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
I guess I should buy/borrow Dune and Handmaid's tale and read them in advance. It'd set me up well enough for the class work, I guess.

belly_moo

burgur 'o5
HSC
Pointy Ears said:
In my school, which happens to be one of those underdog schools, there are only 4 students in the class and we are the second grade to have ever attempted the english extensions.
Therefore because of my teachers so called 'Lack of experiece', she decided to choose the safer 'crime fiction' genre.
We study The Big sleep, the skull beneath the skin and are going to do the Da vinci code as a supp. text.
Big piss off really as was quite looking forward to doing spec fic (I MEAN WE GET TO STUDY THE LORD OF THE RINGS MOVIE) but my lazy classmates arent up to the challenge cos its apparently, one of the harder topics to study.
=O!! you get to do the Da Vinci Code?!? omgg!! lucky you!! .. damn.. i'm not sure what we're doing yet .. i had early leavers on thurs when i had 2U english for last period n i didn't go to school on friday.. so.. i don't quite know.. what texts i am doing.. yet .. =\

cimbom

HSC
We're doing speculative fiction as well, it only started this year- our teacher just finished teaching it. Crime fiction is apparently the most popular english extension one elective. Anyway, we're doing lotr: fellowship, the handmaid's tale, Dune and Cyteen as a related text. Dune is going to be very difficult to read because it is so long, as opposed to the Handmaid's tale which is said to be a quick read- i think i better start reading Dune now, even though we're doing it as our last text.

~ ReNcH ~

!<-- ?(°«°)? -->!
HSC
- The Skull Beneath the Skin
- The Real Inspector Hound
- The Big Sleep

Gotta buy all of mine, so I wouldn't have a clue where to get them from.

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
800 pages is small. Most books I read are thousands of pages, LoTR (1000+) and Night's Dawn (3500+).

cimbom

HSC
~ ReNcH ~ said:
Gotta buy all of mine, so I wouldn't have a clue where to get them from.
Gee, you guys have to buy your texts?

-blueblue-

hey!
HSC
N/A
lol .. we dont .. we borrow them off the school and keep them for the whole year in case we want to refer back to them. i still have my year 11 texts at the moment, all 8 of them for english grrrrr wish da school would take em back!!

cimbom

HSC
I have all my english extension texts still... i kept them with the idea that they ALL would be tested in our yearly exam, doing notes on them and everything for nothing! We only had to do essays on our text for term 3! Oh well... I have all my preliminary texts still.

~ ReNcH ~

!<-- ?(°«°)? -->!
HSC
cimbom said:
Gee, you guys have to buy your texts?
Yep.
I got a booklist at the end of last term. In some ways it's good since most of the books are "classics" and you can keep them (you can always sell them anyway), but on the down-side it's tough finding the DVDs and even some of the novels.

zenger69

Bok Choyer
HSC
Revenge Tradegy

Our school is actually choosing REVENGE TRADEGY compared to all the schools I know that are doing CRIME FICTIONS.

That is AMAZING.

But i think it's a really crap topic.

So we're going REVENGE TRADEGY with GENRE STUDY.

Sounds fun doesn't it?

zenger69

Bok Choyer
HSC
But i think you do one topic and you pick a Module to do it wiht

either Module A, Module B or Module C.

So yeh.

Whats you texts for Revenge Tradegy

tabularasa

HSC
umm medea, revengers tragedy and high noon. Also the teaher choose one thign from oen module and thats all u do. is that topic from that module

astro

HSC
Everyone seems to be doing crime fiction or revenge tragedy. Are there any 'Individual and Society' people at all....

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
Well, just dropped Extension English, goodbye Speculative Fiction. Really such a shame.

nit

HSC
Revenge Tragedy is actually a good genre to do. It's more rewarding than crime fiction, which is just about as formulaic as it gets. We did Revnegr's Tragedy, High Noon and Medea as well, and they're all good texts. You also get to use good extra texts as well - eg godfather, kill bill etc.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)