English EXT (1 Viewer)

nickyroony

BigBlogger
HSC
We're doing the play Pygmalion, and novel Tirra Lirra by the River.

Apparently we're doing My Fair Lady and Pretty Woman for film~ *shrug*

jas0nt

HSC
N/A
we're studying religious text - Jews (Hasidic sects, Orthodox sects).

government school btw.

annyshka

HSC
we're doing something on the 19 century and change.. the text we're studying now is the play by Henrik Ibsen "Hedda Gabler". Our work is so historical based its amazing! i feel like im in a history lesson wost of the time..but its better than advanced ...

alissa_xoxo

Share the Love.
HSC
we did gothic fiction; read castle of otranto and frankenstein - i loved both!

ohyay

but you can call me bob
HSC
hooray for my individual school. we're doing the iliad.... and then we're doing the odyssey next term and something else the term after, i dont remember what. but all we do is read in class, and we've got an assignment but it goes along the lines of "do whatever you want this term, hand it in at the start of next term" so im writing an 'iliad inspired composition' which is a load of craaaap but its funny to think that everyone will think that im being serious

tigergal

Wests Tigers Supporter
HSC
We did popular culture vs high culture at the beginning of the year. Then we did fairy tales- the history of them, their structure and appropriations of them (We had to write our own as well). Now we are doing taming of the shrew / ten things i hate about you

courtnez

Now, what I want is Facts
HSC
Back in the day we did Monstrosity, our texts being Frankenstein and Alien: Resurrection plus a related text of our own. Awesome stuff. Loved it to pieces.

PhaTinuM

Deakism
HSC
phat

im doing utopias / dystopias using novels Day of the Triffids, The Chrysalids, Utopia, Voltaire and Pride and Predjudice.

i must be the only one in f**kin australia doin it ay.

K

katie_tully

in 11, i did the constructs of women in literature. so we did legally blonde, a few donne poems, chaucer, charlotte bronte, etc.

stainmepink

HSC
PhaTinuM said:
im doing utopias / dystopias using novels Day of the Triffids, The Chrysalids, Utopia, Voltaire and Pride and Predjudice.

i must be the only one in f**kin australia doin it ay.

*gasp* utopia as well?! what school are u at? o_O

Here is Gone

HSC
Oh god, Utopia is a b*tch
Honestly, anyone who can read the whole book 1 of Thomas More's Utopia and NOT think it's boring at all... I have the utmost respect for you

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)