English EXT (1 Viewer)

Tegz

HSC
we r doing gothic too.. frankenstein mainly but were also doing stuff on angela carter.. the company of wolves was good.. bit ummm... unusual ... not realy sumthink id usually watch...but good if ny1 needs a feminist text...

1OO%

HSC
we re doing fairy tales and Morte De Arthur <---------- so boring

Lavenderpup

HSC
We're doing the topic of women *sigh* Petrarch poetry, Tess of D'Urbervilles, Taming of the Shrew...
UGH. Lucky people who are doing Frankenstein, Dracula and Interview with a Vampire. At least they're interesting books. IwaV is nice, it doesn't have any crappy country language.

catta*

HSC
@ my school every other class is doin utopia...except for MINEee... we're doin
POST-COLONIALISM..... is ANYONEE else doin it too?

we're goin to be lookin at monsoon wedding

Meldrum

Banned
HSC
catta* said:
@ my school every other class is doin utopia...except for MINEee... we're doin
POST-COLONIALISM..... is ANYONEE else doin it too?

we're goin to be lookin at monsoon wedding
Yeah, I loved post-colonialism.

Well, the Great Expectations half of it. Jack Maggs was just homosexual pulp.

An assignment for JM was to write out a gap in its plot...there was ever so much choice.

tez0r

Rawr?
HSC
some really easy related texts to do are (for gothic)
-Alien
-Edward Scissorhands

Edward was a nice film to watch, so made it easier to analyse.

HSC
We did Utopia and are now doing Gullivers Travels for Utopias/Dystopias.. Later in the year we are doing Othello as well.

Red_nut

HSC
I'm doing Frankenstein... i hate it!! pretty much i hate ext english.. but i cant drop it just yet because im only doing 12 units. is anyone studying the concept of "the other"? i have to write a bog essay analysing five texts relating to frankenstein and "the other"... ever so screwed... any assistence would be greatly aprreciated!!

Tegz

HSC
tez0r said:
some really easy related texts to do are (for gothic)
-Alien
-Edward Scissorhands

Edward was a nice film to watch, so made it easier to analyse.
u hav got to b kidding me.. we watched edward scissorhands last yr ... 6 times!!! ... the worst movie ever.. tim burtons an idiot :p .. but yeah it was pretty easy to analyse..

lourai*87

~"*_*"~
HSC
Hey...just doing a search...if any of you have notes for the Chrysalids, id be forever grateful/greatful (ok so it appears ive forgotten how to spell...)

I dont do ext, but im doing Orwell's 1984 and just started reading the Chrysalids to discover there are some links there. So any notes? PM me, please...thank you in advance =)

xx__savannah

HSC
Hmm ... my ext class doing "Challenging Society" in "Text, Values and Culture" and doing
-Jane Eyre
-Whale Rider
-The Crucible

Do your classes change topic/area of study throughout the year? Our is just that one all this year. I'd much rather study some of the other things posted here thatn trying to link 'Whale Rider' and 'Jane Eyre' and 'The Crucible'.

Before this year, I never knew there were only 3 original stories and that all followed are appropriations. *rolls eyes*

Do any of you have to "create a newspaper" as an assessment? It doesn't make more sense, and the more I ask my teacher, the less I understand.

=sophie=

HSC
anyone else doing pygmalion

I was wondering if there was anyone else doing transformations of a text (Pygmalion) .. Im doing appropriations of Pygmalion >MyFair Lady and so on and so forth

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
we're doing satire. we did catch 22, MASH, and we're doing some stuff on monty python at the moment as well as some related texts. it's fun! if only they would abolish regular english (which is sucky) and just have extension which is so so so much better... *daydream* lol.

The_Jesstar

HSC
We did feminism first, which was Jane Eyre and The Yellow Wallpaper [strange book] then the Arthurian Legend, which we related to appropriation and now we are doing genre, Frankenstein... I'm not a gothic fan, so i'm not liking this much, but I loved the Arthurian Legend topic!

drakonfire

HSC
well we did frankenstein, we did fairytales and then we did pygmalion + pretty woman. and now we have our yearlie.. (well eng ext is on wednesday) and we have to talk about pygmalion and pretty woman and 3 other related material... if anyone can give me a clue on how to begin my notes... PLZ Do.. i decided Shrek, my fair lady and pygmalion myth should be my related material... can anyone shed some light on my gloomy situation ( i hate pretty woman and when forced to write anything about it i get annoyed!!) grr.. well if any of u guyz can help???? it wud be a lot of help... =P
:bomb:

jessdoit

HSC
For Year 11 we did feminism and for Year 12 we're doing 19th century texts.

jakus

HSC
I'm pretty sure my class is doing challenging society through context, values etc... We've done gothic which included Dracula, Bram Stoker's Dracula and Nosferatu. Now we're doing Chaucer.

Cheap Thrills

HSC
Nice revival:rofl:

Anyway, we're doin the tragic hero, Oedipus Rex, Othello, Tess of the D'Urbervilles, The Crucible and Star Wars III and VI

pffft

HSC
Were doing:

- The Great World (Malouf - novel)
- Five Bells (Slessor - poem)

and a movie and a novel of our own choice...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)