English Extension 1 All Nighter Thread (1 Viewer)

Amaranth_

HSC
N/A
I'll see how long I can stay up...

Essay is pretty much good to go, (almost completely memorised and ready to change to most questions).

Creative though, I'm writing up some small plans. Probs no point writing a full one at the moment. If worse comes to worse I'll make one up in the exam, but I want some sort of safety net.
Just be prepared for a variety of questions for the creative... the bit im worried most about lol

Candidate

HSC
My essay is 1700 words. Way too long but idk how to crop it down. 3 of my texts have the ideal 350 word analysis, but my 'Hiroshima' text has 430~

Maybe it's a good thing, seeing as in the exam most of the preprepared essays aren't included due to rushing/forgetting and moulding into the question.

Im more worried about forgetting the dates for the texts haha i can never remember when they were written.

Amaranth_

HSC
N/A
My essay is 1700 words. Way too long but idk how to crop it down. 3 of my texts have the ideal 350 word analysis, but my 'Hiroshima' text has 430~

Maybe it's a good thing, seeing as in the exam most of the preprepared essays aren't included due to rushing/forgetting and moulding into the question.

Im more worried about forgetting the dates for the texts haha i can never remember when they were written.
Is that important? lol

tutorhunt

HSC
N/A
I think the most important part is just reading the question, being calm and being able to adapt. if you've got a decent rank in ee1, you should be able to easily mould your work to the question, or just bullshit. it aligns pretty well though, and a really high percentage of people do well in ee1, i'm sure you guys can get there!
gl, im off to bed!

CaffeineMotor

HSC
Yeah I've gone through all past creative questions and honestly some of them have been shocking. They could pull anything on us, so I'm just drawing up some rough plans for a few characters and a few scenarios as a safety margin.

Candidate are you sure you can write 1700 in an hour, let alone memorise that??

Amaranth_

HSC
N/A
Yeah I've gone through all past creative questions and honestly some of them have been shocking. They could pull anything on us, so I'm just drawing up some rough plans for a few characters and a few scenarios as a safety margin.

I'll just have various scenarios and characters in mind suitable to a variety of different questions :D

sedmo

HSC
any of you guys doing crime? apparently it's the last year for that elective - 2014 they've introduced comedy. Hoping they don't pull out some crazy question to go out with a bang... D:
noticed a trend for genre - they've really focused on context/values as opposed to specific conventions (like justice, mystery). hoping they give us a broader question. IN saying that, they probs won't seeing as I'm counting on it haha.
If the creative is setting specific im going to be so cranky. although can't be worse than 2010 asking you to write in your prescribed text's setting... i probs would have been destroyed if i sat that exam

Kowther

HSC
I'm doing crime, and eh I always relate the conventions to everything else anyway. Did that in the trial *shrug*
any of you guys doing crime? apparently it's the last year for that elective - 2014 they've introduced comedy. Hoping they don't pull out some crazy question to go out with a bang... D:
noticed a trend for genre - they've really focused on context/values as opposed to specific conventions (like justice, mystery). hoping they give us a broader question. IN saying that, they probs won't seeing as I'm counting on it haha.
If the creative is setting specific im going to be so cranky. although can't be worse than 2010 asking you to write in your prescribed text's setting... i probs would have been destroyed if i sat that exam

CaffeineMotor

HSC
Sedmo there have been FAR FAR worse creative questions than the 2010 one, I'm scared of what they can do.

Can't remember what year this one is but seriously wtf...

Imagine you are an external investigator inquiring into the cirucmstances and revelations of the crime case in one of the presecribed text (identify the case) write in script form for radio/tv/film or play.
The aim of your inquiry is for him to reflect on the actions of the case. Draw on what you have learnt about investigative skills in your texts.

sedmo

HSC
I'm doing crime, and eh I always relate the conventions to everything else anyway. Did that in the trial *shrug*
of course you would relate all the conventions.. if you didn't you that would kind of defeat the purpose of studying genre for a whole year lol

JT145

ON is my homeboy
HSC
Gonna do 10 minutes of quick googling on Hungarian historical stuff in the 1950s minus their legendary football team and the Revolution of 56

sedmo

HSC
Sedmo there have been FAR FAR worse creative questions than the 2010 one, I'm scared of what they can do.

Can't remember what year this one is but seriously wtf...

Imagine you are an external investigator inquiring into the cirucmstances and revelations of the crime case in one of the presecribed text (identify the case) write in script form for radio/tv/film or play.
The aim of your inquiry is for him to reflect on the actions of the case. Draw on what you have learnt about investigative skills in your texts.

saw that as well! gives me the shivers. but i wouldn't worry too much, that was around 2004/3 and they haven't really asked for different variations of creative for years! the best year was when they gave the line 'sometimes the best weapon is....' and that's all that you had to incorporate! so beautiful.
not as bad as this hsc essay question:
‘I’ll commit the perfect crime: a murder with no trace, no clues, no body. With no evidence, there can be no solution. As if nothing had happened. No motive to be discerned. Have I even committed a crime if it cannot be pieced together? If its story cannot be told? No-one can outwit me, not even you.’
The provided text reveals an imagined character’s thoughts.
Evaluate the extent to which these thoughts express the conventions, ideas and values of Crime Fiction.

CaffeineMotor

HSC
Ah I loved that "the best weapon is..." question. So much scope for well anything.

Yeah I saw that essay one, that was a shocker. But I'm not going to say it can't happen again, there's evil in this world... and that most certainly resides in the English Department.

Amaranth_

HSC
N/A
I wish for the hardest paper the BOS has ever made for English Extension 1.

Candidate

HSC

Nope ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)