English Extension II... 2007 (1 Viewer)

Bowds

HSC-ified
HSC
6 in my school are doing this for 2007, I'm doing a Screenplay, the rest are all short stories :( !!! I'm so alone.

Ah well, I can't wait to read them!

Love, Oman

sp0ntane0us

traveller of time & space
HSC
LottoX said:
Statistically, around 60% of students do short stories.
yeah, that sounds about right. I might have expected it to be even higher.

I originally didn't want to do a short story, just because I wanted to be atypical. But I naturally gravitated towards it.

It's the form everyone's most familliar with, I guess.

princesskt

HSC
theres only me and another girl doing EE2 at my school, im doing a short story and shes doing a critical response

kloudsurfer

HSC
Yay!!! We now have 5 people doing EE2! Thats like a record for my school! Last year was 3 people, the year before was 1.

Another guy joined this week, hes doing a short story.

Emzyfo

HSC
There was around 13 students who began Extension Two at my school, it has now dropped down to 9 people doing it.

Out of those 9:
* I am doing poetry.
* 1 person is doing a film.
* 1 critical response
* 6 short stories.

jimmayyy

HSC
we've got nine

one speech
two poetry (me being one of them)
one movie
5 short stories

idling fire

HSC
sp0ntane0us said:
wow. Exactly the same here.

...do I know you?
Lol, I don't think so. I don't know anyone cool enough to put their location as coordinates on the cartesian plane =D

kloudsurfer

HSC
Emzyfo said:
There was around 13 students who began Extension Two at my school, it has now dropped down to 9 people doing it.

Out of those 9:
* I am doing poetry.
* 1 person is doing a film.
* 1 critical response
* 6 short stories.
Hey, I used to live in Dubbo! What school do you go to?

inebriateddonki

HSC
Gah! I'm torn between two ideas atm. It's killing me

1) Historical fiction on apartheid using chapters with shakespearean quotations and primary sources from apartheid era dividing chapters

2) Critical analysis on what constitutes the outer limits of narrative in terms of paranarrative and hyper texts etc

What do you do when you are so into both?!

tillytilly

HSC
There are 40 people in my grade doing Ext 2. Out of a possible 135.

Only two of us are doing poetry, me and this other guy. Yeah. I'm glad I'm not doing a short story, or a film, which we also have heaps of. And a surprising amount of speeches as well.

Bec-B

HSC
Really? Wow that's ALOT of people doing ext 2. Out of like 120 in my grade and the 26 that do extension one only four of us are doing taking 4 unit. Three of us are doing short stories, and one girl is doing a speech. But there's a lot of diversty within the ideas. anyhow, that's my 2 cents for the day.

Peace out.

tanjin

el oh vee eee ♥
HSC
hello people, im doing short stories....revenge tragedy....so far my idea...umm is pretty shit...well at least i think so, teacher doesn't...woke up at 12 last night and started writing - talk about shit timing...30% of my story is already done...but alot and i mean alot of editing is needed! Good luck to everyone else!!!

wallflower

HSC
I'm doing a collection of short stories.
I, uh, haven't started yet... the due date seems too far away to care about yet. I'm terribly lazy with things like this.

wallflower

HSC
Year 11, by chance, or some kind of higher premeditation, turned out that way.
But this is year 12. Apparantly it's serious. It's external. Markers hearts cannot be won over by early appearances to class and extra interest in novel studies like those of teachers can, and have been in the past.

mallie89

Almost free!
HSC
My school has.. or had last time I checked... 14 of us doing Ex2. At least half of us (me included) are doing short stories, the rest are poetry, screenplay and critical analysis (as far as I remember)

I'm doing two short stories based on the struggle of the individual with society (or so my teacher calls it), one set in a totalitarian society, the other in a democratic, both with my main characters being suppressed by their governments. I'm trying to explore how individuals are treated by these societies and how they become "dissedents" as soon as they go against norms.

(wow that sounds so much more organised than I actually am.. however, I'm feeling fairly proud today - I've done 50 pages in my journal of actual work!)

idling fire

HSC
mallie89 said:
(wow that sounds so much more organised than I actually am.. however, I'm feeling fairly proud today - I've done 50 pages in my journal of actual work!)
Wow. I'd better do something then...

mallie89

Almost free!
HSC
idling fire said:
Wow. I'd better do something then...
oh, don't worry - most of that is random rambling and cut outs from random sites (most of which have little to do with my project)

annliveshere

HSC
damnation!
i'm doing extension 2, and i've gone with short stories... but your ideas all seem much more sophisticated than mine!!! *cries rampantly and despairingly*

people doing stuff on apartheid, and shakespearean quotes, and revenge tragedy?!! WHAT is a 17 year old extension 2 english student to do?! my concept is.. (and please don't laugh, you philosophers in the making.. i know you're all probably writing theses on the decaying human condition due to unethical advances in technology just for fun on the side! damn geniouses..)

i'm doing mine on addiction; and compiling a series of short stories about addicts to (either) drugs, gambling, alcohol, or other people. the way i'm going to tie it all together will be using verses from the bible as the introduction to each of them. i'm thinking probably proverbs, or something..

but yeah. thats me and my idea.

bored6

HSC
annliveshere said:
damnation!
is.. (and please don't laugh, you philosophers in the making.. i know you're all probably writing theses on the decaying human condition due to unethical advances in technology just for fun on the side! damn geniouses..)
Rofl. Mine is exactly on that actucally.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)