English Is Hard (1 Viewer)

zenger69

Bok Choyer
HSC
I think English is more Philisophical than actual studying english at the Standard and Advanced level and higher.
Like we talk about The Journey, enlightenment, morals, values etc etc.

So in a way it's good but I personally dislike it as it's my worst subject.

The best way to improve in English I reckon is to improve your Bulshitting and Lying skills.
Make it seem you understand the text and know what your talking about. Also read up on other ppl's essays on bored of studies and plagiarise/paraphrase if you have to. Thats how I find I get the best marks.

goan_crazy

Hates the waiting game...
HSC
cyko said:
How is everyone doing in english advanced?
i'm finding it difficult.
Seems to me my teachers are either hard markers or i just plain suck ..
the overall year from my school fairvale high
hasn't been doing well in english at all ...
barely ne1 managed to pass and the average for advance is like
umm
32% ... i got 40% w00t passed the average at least .

Use to be quite confident of my skills in english .. but lately its not been going well ..
atm i'm doing transformations and comparing texts 'taming of the shrew' and '10 things i hate about you'

Anybody got suggestsions on how to prepare for english exams that basically involve a whole lot of writing? lol

Usually, when i'm givign english assessments, etc. i do them on my computer .. sitrahgt away, i check, fix, publish and then print. I should get out of this habit and start practicing writing on paper shouldn't i, setting myself a time limit?

How do we all cope with the pressue of an exam .. Everything usually becomes so hectic, like ur in another world where time just flies.

I need to get myself a watch .. lol
'
i find adv eng difficult im jus an average student...
we r doin hard texts 2...
lear
brave new world/blade runner
and telling the truth dont know wats that bout yet-think frontline

deano059

HSC
joe_m_2000 said:
'
i find adv eng difficult im jus an average student...
we r doin hard texts 2...
lear
brave new world/blade runner
and telling the truth dont know wats that bout yet-think frontline
english aint hard, but its a subject ur sorta good at, or ur not

generally girls r better at eng and boys at maths..............but IM THE OPPOSITE!!!

goan_crazy

HSC
deano059 said:
english aint hard, but its a subject ur sorta good at, or ur not

generally girls r better at eng and boys at maths..............but IM THE OPPOSITE!!!
so ur good at english and maths eh deano?

absolution*

ymyum
HSC
Even though english was my best subject, it was the hardest to study for in my opinion. I guess its a matter of trial and error in coming up with techniques to studying it that work for you.

goan_crazy

HSC
absolution* said:
Even though english was my best subject, it was the hardest to study for in my opinion. I guess its a matter of trial and error in coming up with techniques to studying it that work for you.
how did u study 4 english absolution?

FinalFantasy

HSC
I hate english, it's very bullshit and it's complete rubbish!@
i find it harder den ext. 2 maths lol :vcross:

Estefan

HSC
yeah english is a bullshat subject. throughout year 12 my marks were like 40-50%. when hsc time came around i disregarded my teachers crappy advice that never seemed to work and wrote out prepared essays (closely following the syllabus and rubric) and regurgitated it in the hsc. it worked and i got a band 6 or 91%. most english teachers are dumb asses that attempt to appear intelligent. study english your way and just stick to the syllabus. screw what the teacher has to say!

goan_crazy

HSC
Estefan said:
yeah english is a bullshat subject. throughout year 12 my marks were like 40-50%. when hsc time came around i disregarded my teachers crappy advice that never seemed to work and wrote out prepared essays (closely following the syllabus and rubric) and regurgitated it in the hsc. it worked and i got a band 6 or 91%. most english teachers are dumb asses that attempt to appear intelligent. study english your way and just stick to the syllabus. screw what the teacher has to say!
wow good on ya
now how did u get that improvement 2 get a band 6...

white_spazzy

but why?
HSC
Estefan said:

omg!!! the marks that i am getting now are like 45-55%...and i need to pass english!!! wow so writing prepared essays does help??
have u been nice enough to post these essays on the forums somewhere?? *hint hint nudge nudge*

nick1048

Mè çHöP ŸèW
The Mat®ix Ordinates: Sector 1-337- Statu
HSC
white_spazzy said:
omg!!! the marks that i am getting now are like 45-55%...and i need to pass english!!! wow so writing prepared essays does help??
have u been nice enough to post these essays on the forums somewhere?? *hint hint nudge nudge*
ok I seriously would avoid memorising answers, but it's your choice. It's an extremely risky scenario unless your answers are flexible.

waterbottle

your buttcheeks is warm
HSC
i SUCK at advanced english now. in yr 11 i was coming 4th in the year but since the hsc course began i've been getting shitty marks. i do so much better in the extensions but i just can't seem to transfer the skills to advanced.

tempco

HSC
dont memorise. i did that last year.. one of the essays totally caught me off guard, so i spent too much time on that essay and didnt finish my last one. if i had actually understood the texts, i wouldve been able to formulate an answer on the spot, rather than just slotting in pre-prepared paragraphs.

i did alright in the end though.

@waterbottle - apparently ext1 is completely different some how? in terms of what you do and how you approach the subject. dont ask what i mean, cause im just quoting a friend.

waterbottle

your buttcheeks is warm
HSC
nekkid said:
@waterbottle - apparently ext1 is completely different some how? in terms of what you do and how you approach the subject. dont ask what i mean, cause im just quoting a friend.
yeah, i agree. they're very different courses, but you'd assume the the extensions would be more difficult than advanced, whereas i'm barely passing advanced but am doing really well in extensions.

m_isk

HSC
N/A
I agree with everyone who says english is crap - because it is. I mean, who cares what the rhyme schem, camera shot, meter bla bla bla means?? I reckon we should actually focus on english skills we use!!! such as comprehension...:D ANd english has to be compulsory -seeing as we live in Australia and all..see the link?? ;)

Tulipa

Loose lips sink ships
to the left, a little below the right and right in
HSC
waterbottle said:
yeah, i agree. they're very different courses, but you'd assume the the extensions would be more difficult than advanced, whereas i'm barely passing advanced but am doing really well in extensions.
i don't think english extension is really that different to advanced. the way i see it and the way we've been taught at my school is just to analyse the texts and focus on the techniques. if you know your techniques then it's fairly easy from there on in.

i do the same thing in advanced and extension and am doing fairly well in both.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)