Votes: 19 70.4%
  • Paper 2

Votes: 8 29.6%

• Total voters

jamesischool

Forum Lurker
HSC
Uni Grad
Just did english paper 1 today which i was completely freaking out about. Paper 2 is tomorrow and i feel more confident. For some reason 3 essays seems simpler than responding to unseen texts and doing a creative writing piece.
Which paper do you prefer and why? :)

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
I selected Paper 2. I enjoyed my Paper 2 texts much more than Belonging.

OzKo

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Definitely Paper 1. I preferred the variety of question types as it stopped me from getting mentally fatigued.

ali-fc

HSC
I reckon paper 2 because yeah responding to unseen texts completely do my head in but creative writing and belonging essay are not too bad but as for paper 2 I love writing about the modules especially Wilfred Owen!

jamesischool

Forum Lurker
HSC
Uni Grad
i like the essay in paper 1, but the creative writing and unseen texts are stupid. they can give you something completely stupid which you have to make up a response to. paper 2 you know what sort of question so it seems a lot easier

ali-fc

HSC
i like the essay in paper 1, but the creative writing and unseen texts are stupid. they can give you something completely stupid which you have to make up a response to. paper 2 you know what sort of question so it seems a lot easier
agreed.

rselvage

HSC
paper 1 seems more of a real 'test' where as in paper 2 people (including myself) go in with pre-written essays which they tweak to somewhat relate it to the given question. Paper 2 questions seem more open ended and encouraging those who memorize their works to continue to do so for the hsc, and i just don't like that concept.

madharris

HSC
N/A
Paper 1. Belonging is easy - even though it's boring

RishBonjour

HSC
paper 1 seems more of a real 'test' where as in paper 2 people (including myself) go in with pre-written essays which they tweak to somewhat relate it to the given question. Paper 2 questions seem more open ended and encouraging those who memorize their works to continue to do so for the hsc, and i just don't like that concept.
I agree.

someth1ng

Retired Nov '14
HSC
Uni Grad
Students tend to do better in Paper 2 but I prefer Paper 1 because it requires less rote learning. Learning quotes for 3 essays is hard.

timeslowsdown

Everything for the Lord
HSC
N/A
Definitely paper 2! I can never tell if I do well in the reading and responding and creative writing. Yes I agree it's more of a 'test', but I don't think creative writing is. Because people memorise them and just tweak them like essays. But personally, I think I did much better in paper 2 because I think I botched up my belonging essay, and the rest of it. But then again, you can never tell what you do well in.

jamesischool

Forum Lurker
HSC
Uni Grad
i felt so much better after paper 2 than paper 1. it would be good if people didn't just memorise essays but sadly that's what a lot of subjects are. creative writing is something which not everyone can actually be good at, whereas studying hard for your modules can pay off imo

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)