English Paper 1 Predictions/Thoughts (1 Viewer)

nini.nico

HSC
i used to play that but ugh it was just a huge pain after a while so i moved onto crk
i kinda prefer the characters designs in cookie run anyway
lmao yea it is a pain
i might try out crk sometime in the future tho

YourLocalDumbAss

HSC
N/A
Managed to study and understand the fundamentals of writing a persuasive text for tomorrow 😅 THANKS TO READING A YEAR 5 NAPLAN STUDY GUIDE IN YEAR 12 😫

dannyo1

HSC
How y'all not be knowing ur quotes yet lol. I never even intentionally memorised em, it was just writing so many practice responses that eventually they got stuck in my head lol.

icycledough

HSC
Managed to study and understand the fundamentals of writing a persuasive text for tomorrow 😅 THANKS TO READING A YEAR 5 NAPLAN STUDY GUIDE IN YEAR 12 😫
I can agree that a persuasive wouldn't be most students' first choice where they to be given a choice. However, it definitely is wise to at least know thoroughly how to structure one, as it is in their liberty to ask you. In that case, I'd recommend reading the link below (from Art of Smart if you haven't already) on how to nail down a strong persuasive piece

YourLocalDumbAss

HSC
N/A
I can agree that a persuasive wouldn't be most students' first choice where they to be given a choice. However, it definitely is wise to at least know thoroughly how to structure one, as it is in their liberty to ask you. In that case, I'd recommend reading the link below (from Art of Smart if you haven't already) on how to nail down a strong persuasive piece

Already seen that, just after reading a Year 5 NAPLAN guide.

totally_screwed

Baddest Member
HSC

icycledough

HSC
These are just sample answers though? Not Nesa's answers.
I'm not sure what you think of it, but they look like quite competent answers which would be in a Band 6 range (if not, a high Band 5 range). I won't say that your short answer questions were easier or harder than in previous years, as I haven't actually looked at the texts and questions yet, but seeing that 4 out of the 5 questions were 3 or 4 marks, I think most people would have been happy by this, as there was only a 6 marker question, and not a 7-8 marker like I have seen in trial papers, which would obviously require a much more in depth analysis (most likely a comparative between texts).

Wizjaro

HSC
matrix answers are pretty similar to the real ones i feel like
I'm not saying matrix answers aren't good though. I'm just saying they aren't the actual Nesa approved one. aka not the real answers. I haven't looked at them but I'm sure they are good, I just thought your phrasing was incorrect.
I'm not sure what you think of it, but they look like quite competent answers which would be in a Band 6 range (if not, a high Band 5 range). I won't say that your short answer questions were easier or harder than in previous years, as I haven't actually looked at the texts and questions yet, but seeing that 4 out of the 5 questions were 3 or 4 marks, I think most people would have been happy by this, as there was only a 6 marker question, and not a 7-8 marker like I have seen in trial papers, which would obviously require a much more in depth analysis (most likely a comparative between texts).
I haven't looked at it, but I don't have an opinion for the answers or the quality just the idea of passing them off as the actual answers. I'm sure they are competent and good, but I didn't want people to be misled into thinking those were the actual answers and freaking out if they didn't write anything similar. Personally, I think my years short answer questions were easier than past years due to the exact reasons you've noted. The mark spread was generous and there was no compare question, objectively making it an easier reading task.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)