English Paper 2 Predictions & Thoughts (1 Viewer)

juliastiles

HSC
how did us advanced kids go?

i knew it was gonna turn out like this tbh. i predicted the valediction or sunne rising was gonna be an extract that we had to analyse but i didn't think that they made us analyse two extracts!!! i found that question to be super tough because i had to analyse on the spot but i managed to pull it off in 35 minutes anyway. also i'm still confused on how there was *no* question for mod a? they just told us to analyse the extract and refer to it in our essay?!

for module b, i predicted a general question on form but it was about purpose instead. the question was generic asf which was good but that means the standard is set higher and i was being very conservative on time here so i didn't write too much. i ended up memorising everything which is good.

mod c kinda threw me off because i predicted a discursive/something based off of a character in mod a or b but it ended up being a visual stimulus. the stimulus was broad and it fit my story perfectly tbh. i just wish i had more time for the reflection and added in like 2 more analytical statements but it's okay. still kinda sour ugh.
off topic but does anyone know how many pages we got for each module in the writing booklet lol

hatterene

HSC
how many figurative techniques did you get?
i wrote about six: biblical allusion and sibilence in the wise men line, and i connected it to to the personal pronouns in "this is my life and death" in the second passage. then i talked about the metaphysical conceit of water and linked it to the one act structure, and in turn character arc, and i slapped it onto the ending line in the second extract.

kinda agree with greninja in not answering the "unanswerable questions part" but i hope i top and tailed it enough (yikes)

Jojofelyx

HSC
Mod A: I think i did alright with the only thing being i didnt add any quotes from the extract, but i linked my essay to it a lot
Mod B: I think i did pretty well in this the only thing i was iffy on was the "unanswerable" questions, cause in the text i did the composer provides an answer to all the questions and i didn't really address this component of the question so i think i might lose some marks for that, otherwise i think my analysis was pretty good and fit the rest of the question well
Mod C: idk i kinda bombed it i think, in total i think i wrote 5.5 pages, my story worked with the stimulus but i still fell really iffy about it and my reflection was not amazing either, I had to Bs so hard on this big in order to fit my memorised techniques for the figurative language part of the question and the analysis on my prescribed text was pretty shallow as well.
All in all, im praying everything else carries my mod c
A very very very very relatable comment. I went pretty much the exact same as you did here. Mod A was a lovely question, for temp-hag anyway, mod b as well, i managed to weave the aspects of political regimes not having a right or wrong in terms of their ideology, however the society should aspire to find the truths through questioning their intentions and what not (so in a way linking to that aspect of yes questions are good, even if theres no answer to it). Mod c was an absolute shitfest lmfao

zizi2003_

HSC
how did you guys answer the mod B question for adv?? (esp those doing emma/??) like what was your thesis and stuff if u remember
@stressedadfff

sophiawong

HSC
does anyone know if there's some sort of 'moderation' process if a particular stream's average is lower compared to the others, bc i feel like some streams were way harder hit than others for mod a. esp w keats/bright star, the extract they gave us was literally from the poem our teachers told us not to worry about and spent max 1 lesson teaching yikes.

HSC
Ugh I keep coming back to discussion pages. I don't know about everyone else but I feel exponentially a lot more stressed after completing the exams (following the feeling of insane relief). I know it's stupid but the fact that there's nothing about it that I can control and it's completely up to NESA is so ugh I hate it.
I know it's stupid because there's literally nothing I can do now butttt I do be stressed and reading everyone's answers is not helping me yet I CAN'T STOP

dannyo1

HSC
Ugh I keep coming back to discussion pages. I don't know about everyone else but I feel exponentially a lot more stressed after completing the exams (following the feeling of insane relief). I know it's stupid but the fact that there's nothing about it that I can control and it's completely up to NESA is so ugh I hate it.
I know it's stupid because there's literally nothing I can do now butttt I do be stressed and reading everyone's answers is not helping me yet I CAN'T STOP
Hey! I know how you feel, but let me just say that with English especially, it doesn't really matter what others did. For the unseen texts, as long as you answer the question and justify it with analysis that's okay! Markers don't care if your interpretation lines up with what the poem was actually about or what anyone else in the cohort did - it is YOUR interpretation and it's equally valid to everyone elses. Likewise, with paper two, the same thing applies; take whatever meaning you think is most appropriate and run with it. So don't be stressed! As you said, it's out of your hands, and what other people did provides no bearing or indication on how you will perform come results day.

Jojofelyx

HSC
Hey! I know how you feel, but let me just say that with English especially, it doesn't really matter what others did. For the unseen texts, as long as you answer the question and justify it with analysis that's okay! Markers don't care if your interpretation lines up with what the poem was actually about or what anyone else in the cohort did - it is YOUR interpretation and it's equally valid to everyone elses. Likewise, with paper two, the same thing applies; take whatever meaning you think is most appropriate and run with it. So don't be stressed! As you said, it's out of your hands, and what other people did provides no bearing or indication on how you will perform come results day.
I'd echo this message. Seems like a lot of people were stressing about that grandma little dog question and some others, which really doesnt matter at the end of it. if people just analysed SOMETHING, conveyed a point alongside it, and its subsequent effect, thats all the markers are looking for in both the unseen and the essays. Its not so much being correct about the authorial intention, as it is about the student's ability to craft a response which showcases their skill and knowledge of the module and really just english in general.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)