English Quotes (1 Viewer)

classact

HSC
Yes, I know its off topic ...

I have this shit-arse homework task due this week, I ve got like 2o quotes from Skrzynecki's poems, and I need to write how it represents the concept of physical jounreys, Ive done most of them, But if anyone has any ideas on these ones:

1. ...to watch a sunset
They would never see again -

2. Memories strayed
From behind Sunken eyes
To Look for shorelines -

3. Counting door handles, ringing telephones
And office boys with denture smiles

4. He swept is path
Ten times around the world

5. All night
The kindness
Of the sea continued -

6. We lived like birds of passage -
Always senising a change
In the weather:

7. ... You survived
In the minds
Of a dying generation
Half a world away

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
I don't remember half of where these quotes come from, or what the actual poems are about, but i'll give the ones i heard of a try.

1. ...to watch a sunset
They would never see again - Depicts the harmonous nature of the journey and how this stimulates various emotions in the individual, which can only be experienced by undergoing this process. It's also symbolic of ones apperication of the journey, as it perhaps change them in one way or another or because of the experiences that they've acquired.

2. Memories strayed
From behind Sunken eyes
To Look for shorelines - A journey takes one away from their comfort zone ( loved ones, home land etc.) into a new world that will broader into scope and opportunity. It also connotes that some physical journeys are inevitable.

4. He swept is path
Ten times around the world : A hyperbole to emphasis on the length of the journey and how it consists of various obstacles and hardships.

5. All night
The kindness
Of the sea continued - The use of personfication portrays a healing effect of the journey on the individual

Last edited:

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
nice work denny =p

6. We lived like birds of passage -
Always senising a change
In the weather:
The similie insinuates the different effects that a physical journey has, as a physical journey stipulates (or stimulates, forgot which one it was) an inner journey of mind and spirit.

7. ... You survived
In the minds
Of a dying generation
Half a world away

The ellipsis (the "...") carries connotations of the mysterious and the dark and foreboding nature of the physical journey that the individual undergoes, as supported by "dying generation".

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
LottoX said:
YOu'll realise that most journeys intertwine with eachother, and thus, end up becoming almost homogenous with each other. You'll realise that often Inner and Imaginative journeys are brought about by physical change, and vice versa.
as i have mentioned in one of my analysis in those quotes. =p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)