English Related Text (1 Viewer)

HyperComplexxx

ლ(ಠ_ಠ ლ)
HSC
If a question asked for one related text and you used two, would you be penalised?

D94

HSC
N/A
Well, if it says "only one" and you use two, you would be marked down (unless your response is absolutely academically brilliant). If it says "at least one other", then two is fine.

michaeljennings

HSC
Actually, you won't be penalised.
But if they ask for 1 related text only, and you have 2, then one of them will be ignored in the marking.
So in all likelihood, your essay will not have enough length/depth to get as good a mark as it could have if you'd analysed one related text in more depth.

b33g_boss

HSC
Actually, you won't be penalised.
But if they ask for 1 related text only, and you have 2, then one of them will be ignored in the marking.
So in all likelihood, your essay will not have enough length/depth to get as good a mark as it could have if you'd analysed one related text in more depth.
this, and also to note, the marker looks at both related texts (if you did 2), and sees which one + the prescribed txt gives you the maximum mark.

michaeljennings

HSC
this, and also to note, the marker looks at both related texts (if you did 2), and sees which one + the prescribed txt gives you the maximum mark.
Yeah this happened to me in my trial exam because I dont know how to read

o_0

HSC
So the markers completely ignore everything on the 2nd related material..? that's painful ahaha

btw for Module C, does anyone know if theyve ever only asked for just one related text?

Chambalam

HSC
So the markers completely ignore everything on the 2nd related material..? that's painful ahaha

btw for Module C, does anyone know if theyve ever only asked for just one related text?

Like for the last gazillion years. I assume it will stay that way. (If we're talking advanced that is - I don't know about standard).

Unlike AOS, Module C advanced is just harder - so I can't see them making kids talk about such a heavy conept and 2 ORT's!

o_0

HSC
Like for the last gazillion years. I assume it will stay that way. (If we're talking advanced that is - I don't know about standard).

Unlike AOS, Module C advanced is just harder - so I can't see them making kids talk about such a heavy conept and 2 ORT's!
last year they asked for 'at least one', but the teachers this year told us to prepare two 8|

michaeljennings

HSC

Actually all the ones pre-2007 were at least TWO, all the ones since then have been at least one, which seems to be the trend with belonging as well.

The look at your better related text and ignore the one that is the weakest

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
Actually all the ones pre-2007 were at least TWO, all the ones since then have been at least one, which seems to be the trend with belonging as well.
This is true. I did the 2008 exam and we were all expecting two texts.

The look at your better related text and ignore the one that is the weakest
Pretty much from what I've heard markers say

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
I'd be very surprised if they didn't mark you down. They let everyone off in 2009, but that's because it was the first time. I doubt they'd ever be as lenient again.

interesting

HSC
N/A
I'd be very surprised if they didn't mark you down. They let everyone off in 2009, but that's because it was the first time. I doubt they'd ever be as lenient again.
so you're saying that they won't just disregard one of them ?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)