english SC bands. (1 Viewer)

just-a-stranger

a humble child of God
HSC
just curious, is it as hard for a standard english student to get a band 5 or 6 in the school certificate ?

just like it is in the HSC ?

and if it wouldn't be of much trouble can u pls include percentages. coz i heard it's only about 2% of the state that can get a band 5 from standard english in the HSC.

Telekinetik

ça m'a fait du bien
HSC
I believe it's all about the level of the student, not the level of education they partake.

Deluge

HSC
Exphate said:
There is no standard or advanced english in the SC.

90+ in band 6
80+ is band 5

If you get 90+ you get band 6. Its that simple. Leave the complicated stuff to the big kids.
Yeah... but 90+ doesn't mean that you only got 10 or less wrong.

Your marks are moderated, so then a mark like 77/90 for the English SC may equate to a 92 in English, hence band six.

^ Note that those are not real figures and are just for example purposes.

fallenstar

liberate, educate.
HSC
Deluge said:
Your marks are moderated, so then a mark like 77/90 for the English SC may equate to a 92 in English, hence band six.
I understand what you're saying - the scaling thing, depending on how the state performs in the exam - but so many people are saying scaling only occurs in the HSC and not in the SC at all.. I'm confused as to whether it actually takes place for us or not..
BOS please clear this up!

simonloo

may our bodies remain
HSC
N/A
I am from the Board of Studies and I say the School Certificate is a load of bullshit.

cem

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
fallenstar said:
I understand what you're saying - the scaling thing, depending on how the state performs in the exam - but so many people are saying scaling only occurs in the HSC and not in the SC at all.. I'm confused as to whether it actually takes place for us or not..
BOS please clear this up!
The Standards Referencing, or scaling, occurs in exactly the same way at both exams.

As someone who has done this part of the HSC process my information is based on two facts - 1. having had SC judges (as they are called) doing their training and working sessions at the same time as me

2. having a colleague do the judging for the SC

We have actually discussed the process and it is the same for both HSC and SC.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)