English School Cert. TOMORROW (1 Viewer)

key0hh

HSC
xV1P3R said:
I dislike Mc in general, especially in English. It makes it seem like UNSW English Competition.

So does HSC have no MC?
No, the HSC does not. :D Well, in English anyways...

DoctorPie

HSC
Yeah, the multiple choice for that was the most ambiguous I've ever seen. It's pretty daunting to have a question where all the answers seem to be right, not just one or two.

The SC English questions are a lot easier than any trial I've seen. I think the school runs them to try and scare us into studying harder and doing better.

Unfortunately this led to a couple of girls in my year completely stressing out.

Was it in that exam when there was a poem about a refugee camp? It asked about the aspects of the built environment which were mentioned, and two questions were right!

It wasn't even a subjective answer, just plain comprehension. I still don't know what the difference between the two was.

Brontecat

HSC
x jiim said:
Urgh, one of my English extended responses was writing about life experiences o_o and the short answer was about a bungee jumping cow >< If there's a short story, I'll write about Vietnam if possible because I'm cheap and I can just use my history stuff ^^
I had the same trial as you and did the same in the extended response. It was all set in Vietnam.

HSC
12 hrs, 26 minutes left till eng SC starts...

wow i counted xD

lol does everyones exam start at 9.20?

4lettersdown

HSC
hey hey sound like my school got the same test as everyone else. 41/45 for MC bitches! :) :) :).
(though i do see how they can be ambigous. unless you have an epiphany, stick with your gut instinct ie original answer, as your more likely to be right if you arent second guessing yourself, and if you change it to a wrong anser it sucks.)

oh and you shouldnt stress about the long answers; they tend to put in a fairly simple one (speech, interview, letter) and a really open ended one that you can choose the format for (stick to a narrative). and for the short answer: keep your answer relative to the questions marks; if it asks for techniques used yadda yadda, and its a three marker, write three things. if i didnt do science last year i'd be putting much more study into that as its something you need to study for whereas english is usually a foregone conclusion: you will go well at it. ;)

indielove

HSC
DoctorPie said:
That was the same as my English trial! Further proof that my school doesn't write its exams internally.

The start of the exam was about the Golden Compass, right? Then a script for the Mr Bean movie?

Last thing I remember abour it was a story about a snake that turned out to be a hen. o_O

me toooooooooooooo!

indielove

HSC
x33.datchick.xx said:

wow i counted xD

LOLOLOLOL yeah

Somnolence

HSC
x33.datchick.xx said:

wow i counted xD

Sure does :uhhuh:

It is designed so that everyone in the state does the test at the same time. Our school usually finishes at 2:30 in the afternoon so we can't catch the bus home tomorrow.

Crazynesss

HSC
Somnolence said:
Sure does :uhhuh:

It is designed so that everyone in the state does the test at the same time. Our school usually finishes at 2:30 in the afternoon so we can't catch the bus home tomorrow.
Same for my school.

Crazynesss

HSC
Does anyone have a good site containing text types they may make us write tomorrow for English?

hybridofakidd

HSC
ive just been going through my notes from english, not that i paid much attention:eek: but i did find a few things that will actully help me 2morrow.:sleep: for everyone who reads this, just make sure u understand how to make those stupid extended responses flow and make sense. and use the correct wording, i know im going 2 need 2 use my own advice.

the one thing i know im gona lose heaps of marks 4 is my spelling!:uhoh:

Paradox1345

HSC
N/A
My tutor says our best bet is that we're going to get a letter to the editor. Cos apparently thats the most common text type to get in the SC and HSC.

speedofsound

HSC
Paradox1345 said:
My tutor says our best bet is that we're going to get a letter to the editor. Cos apparently thats the most common text type to get in the SC and HSC.
I hope so, I destory at those :D

agirlinatutu

Im just not ready...
HSC
MC is my worst part of the exam. In EVERY subject. English just makes it look worse because I get full marks like everywhere else.

So screwed if we get a feature article.

ooh and remember PARAGRAPHS people :) Even on the one page writing task you should have 3 paragraphs.

Deer

Premium Member
HSC
Yeah, does anyone have a website with all the text tyes on it? Or can explain them all breifly ? XD ... it will help you too! ;D ;D
I know them all vaguely, but I'm starting to stress a little.
It would be an immense help.

bluedolphin

HSC
dont have a site but here are some that could come up

feature article
short story
letter to the editor
personal letter
interview (radio or tv)
newspaper article
diary or journal writing
reflective/argumentative essay
review
speech

Good Luck .. ok kinda starting to stress

Crazynesss

HSC
Deer said:
Yeah, does anyone have a website with all the text tyes on it? Or can explain them all breifly ? XD ... it will help you too! ;D ;D
I know them all vaguely, but I'm starting to stress a little.
It would be an immense help.
I used this: http://www.skwirk.com.au/p-t_s-54_u...-forms/nsw/english-skills/skills-by-text-form

I have a sheet from my teacher which is more useful though. So, I'm just going to use the sheet instead. :p Skwirk only lists a few text types there.

BbyVin

HSC
skwirk is a good site ^^, it's quite useful as a start for anyone who doesn't have anything to study with

LingstyleZ

HSC
omg.
eng was way harder then the trials....

the pass papers was easier then this one as well
T___T

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)