English Teachers Association (ETA) Workshop on the 12th June? (1 Viewer)

jet

Banned
HSC
I went to the Extension english one and it was really good. It was worth the $20 i paid for it.
I would like to go to the advanced one but cant. Its Trinity Day so we go to Luna park.

clintmyster

Prophet 9 FTW
HSC
Uni Grad
funny thing was our school never mentioned the EX1 one which had belonging on the same day or something (I might be wrong) so no-one really knew about it. This one however they made compulsory xD

Jelly it wasn't that great? Why was the lecturer poor? Did you get like a booklet of notes or anything of that sort? They normally distribute their notes to schools so our teachers pass it onto us. Sometimes theyre quite useful for context and unseen texts for AOS>.

Howd they structure the lectures? The last lecture I went to was the alpha omega one and it was pretty dodgy so yeah.

0hNivlek

HSC
They only have two of our modules so our teacher said we're not going. Plus 4Unit assessment on the same day hence it was cancelled anyway.

clintmyster

Prophet 9 FTW
HSC
Uni Grad
They only have two of our modules so our teacher said we're not going. Plus 4Unit assessment on the same day hence it was cancelled anyway.
yeah that was another issue for module B that my class is doing slessor and the others are doing harwood and only harwood is there =[

jellybelly59

HSC
Jelly it wasn't that great? Why was the lecturer poor? Did you get like a booklet of notes or anything of that sort? They normally distribute their notes to schools so our teachers pass it onto us. Sometimes theyre quite useful for context and unseen texts for AOS>.

Howd they structure the lectures? The last lecture I went to was the alpha omega one and it was pretty dodgy so yeah.
I think booklets or notes could be purchased by your teacher from the ETA. At the ETA belonging lectures they were MEANT to give us a website link where we could download all the notes so we could just focus on what they said but they never gave it to us which was dodgy :S

Bunch of people just gave you stories on belonging, like how these adventurers went to some deserted island and found that they didn't belong *rolls eyes* and then they were talking about emos and how they didnt belong either.... Relatively useless information and just some information on how to do belonging extended responses that teachers can tell you in class.

Hopefully the modules won't be like that :)

clintmyster

Prophet 9 FTW
HSC
Uni Grad
I think booklets or notes could be purchased by your teacher from the ETA. At the ETA belonging lectures they were MEANT to give us a website link where we could download all the notes so we could just focus on what they said but they never gave it to us which was dodgy :S

Bunch of people just gave you stories on belonging, like how these adventurers went to some deserted island and found that they didn't belong *rolls eyes* and then they were talking about emos and how they didnt belong either.... Relatively useless information and just some information on how to do belonging extended responses that teachers can tell you in class.

Hopefully the modules won't be like that :)
If they give us the same set of notes that my school provided us from them Id be pretty annoyed!
Wow that seems very unlike them. Ask your teacher if she has a login and then she should be able to access the resources, download them and hopefully give it to you.

I Study Hard

HSC
I think thats the one my school is going to.
But the teacher who organised it was really strict about who could go based on when you payed, so not many people are going (as far as i know).
I'm going because i need all the help i can get x_x;;

aLexTasyy

HSC
My whole year was gonna go. The organisers rang my english teacher today, turns out they overbooked. So...the standard people can only go to 2 lectures, and the Advanced people can only go to one. At the moment the teachers are debating if its still goin to be worth going. It irritates me that English teachers of all people aren't organised properly. You'd think that they'd have a list, and NOT go over it. They overbooked 200 seats. Stupid people...

When the teacher told us what had happened I questioned her about why it had happened. The vice captian answered:
"English teachers can't do maths, thats why they're english teachers"
The class laughed. The teacher said to the guy "Good call"

Last edited:

electrolysis

congenital schmuck
HSC
o_O
we never got told about this :(
anyways they're not doing our module c text...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)