English techniques... plz help me out (1 Viewer)

Chromatic

Banned
HSC
N/A
Hey, does anyone have any techniques which are used in the following quotes? I am using Blood diamond as one of my related texts for belonging, and would really appreciate some help right now getting some techniques in these quotes

ANY HELP IS VERY APPRECIATED, thank you so much! ;)

Solomon Vandy: Dia it is me, your father. Let's go.
Dia Responds by:
Dia Vandy: I don't know you! Fisherman!

Solomon Vandy [out of breath] He is my son. I am his father. I must go find him. Go ahead, shoot me if you want, but I will go find him.

M’Ed: This is my country, man. We here long 'fore you came - long after you gone.

Danny Archer: Out here, people kill each other as a way of life. It's always been like that.

Solomon Vandy: I am your father who loves you. And you will come home with me and be my son again.

Danny Archer: Without me you're just another black man in Africa.

Ethanescence

HSC
N/A
Solomon Vandy [out of breath] He is my son. I am his father. I must go find him. Go ahead, shoot me if you want, but I will go find him.
Repetition.

M’Ed: This is my country, man. We here long 'fore you came - long after you gone.
Colloquialisms in dialogue. Antithesis (or just a rhetorical device) in the second sentence.

Solomon Vandy:I am your father who loves you. And you will come home with me and be my son again.
Possibly an allusion to the prodigal son.

Note: I struggled to find appropriate techniques in these quotes. Maybe you should try to find another text if you cannot readily identify techniques in the dialogue. Also, it is a film. Remember to also focus on the mis-en-scene and describe lighting, motifs, setting, etc.

Last edited:

Chromatic

Banned
HSC
N/A
Thanks heaps man, i had a few techniques for each of them but i just wanted a few more for each quote... and yeah i have movie techniques included too.. xD

Gunner4lyfe

HSC
Repetition.

Colloquialisms in dialogue. Antithesis (or just a rhetorical device) in the second sentence.

Possibly an allusion to the prodigal son.

Note: I struggled to find appropriate techniques in these quotes. Maybe you should try to find another text if you cannot readily identify techniques in the dialogue. Also, it is a film. Remember to also focus on the mis-en-scene and describe lighting, motifs, setting, etc.

well done

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)