English Tutoring 2009 (1 Viewer)

baabaalinda

HSC
Heyy. I was wondering if there was anyone out their who lives around the Strathfield area willing to tutor advanced and ext 1 english? :D

The syallbus has changed so I was wondering if their was anyone willing to teach/ help me analyse different text and work with me on my essay writing. I'm currently in year 11 about to enter year 12.

These are the text I'm going to be studying next year:
Advanced:
AOS - Immigrant Chronicle by Peter Skrzynecki
Module A (Comparative) - Frankentein by Mary Shelley and Blade Runner
Module B (Critical) - Hamlet
Modulce C (Represenation: Telling the Truth) - The Justice Game

Extension 1:
Prose Fiction - The skull beneath the skin by PD James & Anil's Ghost by Michael Ondaatje
Drama - The real inspector Hound by Tom stoppard
Film - Rear Window

I hope you guys can help!

Thanks! :D

Cheers,
Linda

Shortii Tania

im not short, im fun size
HSC
I have the exact same problem!! I need a tutor for english advanced and extension for next year, but i cant find any tutors that can help me with the new syllabus!!

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
^ That's why it will be fair next year. People cannot just rely on tutors (not referring to you, of course). Just talking in general.

Boxes

Banned
HSC
lyounamu said:
^ That's why it will be fair next year. People cannot just rely on tutors (not referring to you, of course). Just talking in general.
why aren't you at school namu?

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
Boxes said:
why aren't you at school namu?
It's an exam period and I have finished all my exams so I don't have to go to school today~

jessi90

HSC
lyounamu said:
Whatever the circumstance the hsc will never be 'fair'. Nevertheless I'm sure there will be tutors for the new syllabus so your argument is flawed

kony

HSC
The texts have changed but the thesis in each module remains the same. So the only adjustment you need to make is with regard to specific techniques.

I live in the inner west, you can email me.

psmith

HSC
N/A
Head Teacher English Tutoring

I have been Head Teacher English for 10 years, as well as over 10 years HSC English Marker experience, and 15 years English tutoring, p-2-p and online.

There are several areas of Stage 6 English where I can help increase your grade, including text analysis, essay construction, collecting relevant related material, as will as preparation for assessments.

I can help with English (Standard, Advanced, Extension 1&2).

You may email me a question and its requirements (such as scanning an assessment task sheet or typing the question and its specifics).
You can attach a draft response (in whatever degree of completion you like), and I will:
  1. Edit and annotate the draft; list additional concepts, ideas, arguments and techniques which suit the topic, texts and question; suggest a line of argument for how to arrange the material
  2. include a list of resources you may/may not have accessed
If you find you don’t know where to begin on a particular task, you can send the task sheet and ask whatever questions you like and I can provide points 2-4 above.

I am available any time this year with a 48 hour turn around.
The fee is $25 for providing the above service for each task, paid into my PayPal account or alternatively direct deposit into my bank account.

My Paypal account details are p.f.smith@hotmail.com, name of Peter Smith.
I would prefer inquiry via email than private message.
I hope HSC English is a positive and rewarding experience for you in 2008/9.

Just.waiting

HSC
baabaalinda said:
Heyy. I was wondering if there was anyone out their who lives around the Strathfield area willing to tutor advanced and ext 1 english? :D

The syallbus has changed so I was wondering if their was anyone willing to teach/ help me analyse different text and work with me on my essay writing. I'm currently in year 11 about to enter year 12.

These are the text I'm going to be studying next year:
Advanced:
AOS - Immigrant Chronicle by Peter Skrzynecki
Module A (Comparative) - Frankentein by Mary Shelley and Blade Runner
Module B (Critical) - Hamlet
Modulce C (Represenation: Telling the Truth) - The Justice Game

Extension 1:
Prose Fiction - The skull beneath the skin by PD James & Anil's Ghost by Michael Ondaatje
Drama - The real inspector Hound by Tom stoppard
Film - Rear Window

I hope you guys can help!

Thanks! :D

Cheers,
Linda
Unfortunately I live a little far from Strathfeild, but I can compromise if you wish.

I do phone and internet tutoring. And perhaps in the weeks leading up to exams, or say once a month, we could meet up at a library central to the both of us.

If you choose to go with me, I can give you a discounted rate for internet and phone tutoring of just $15 per hour. Or $5 for me to mark and critique a 1000 word essay. (Extension essays tend to double this length, so they would be about $7.50)

For more information, click on my sig :)

lethalrose

HSC
i am currently tutoring a yr12 student with english in strathfield on thursdays if you are interested - i can certainly tutor you with ur area of study as most ppl generally do. I am very familiar with blade runner having studied it in the past myself. We would have to look at the other texts prior to starting lessons.
(i'm female btw..gender's coming up wrong in profile)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)