English Tutoring? (Hurstville / Riverwood / near there?) (1 Viewer)

Njn

nvrB♯nvrB♭.alwaysB♮
HSC
Anyone know of any good english tutors around maybe Hurstville or Riverwood? Currently doing year 12 (2009) HSC advanced english.

ghristinga

HSC
Hi, I'm not sure if you have found a tutor yet,

I completed my HSC in 2005 and I've been tutoring students at a tutoring college for 3 years now, but I'm considering taking on some students on my own.

I currently have 5 students who are doing the AOS Belonging, so I have quite a lot of experience in that area, I also have really good newly devised sample papers of the AOS Belonging.

My UAI was 99.75 and I got 94 in English Advanced.

I am based in Rockdale (2 min walk from the station). But I can also come to you if that's more convenient. My rate is $40/hr. If you have friends in your grade that would also like tutoring, my group class rate is $30/hr (3 or more students)

If you are interested, you can email me at christina.c.zheng@gmail.com

5233andy

HSC
Oh gosh... the fact is that you cannot tutor English - it's one of the subjects where you only improve through practise, not feeding such institutions with money for their rent.

dp624

HSC
You so can get tutored for english =.=. in fact eng tutoring helps heaps

farkmedead

HSC
english tutoring helps so much...
dr du is pretty good(ii had helen as my teacher), although i still quit cause i hate dr du lol.
i live in rivos too hi5*
you need a 2unit or general maths tutor?

sparklstsista

HSC
farkmedead said:
english tutoring helps so much...
dr du is pretty good(ii had helen as my teacher), although i still quit cause i hate dr du lol.
i live in rivos too hi5*
you need a 2unit or general maths tutor?
I always go hurstville ;)
i dont mean to sound racist but r uz both arabs/paki's/asians/indian or jus plain aussie lol?

But yer english is a bitch aye half the teachers cant teach it

Last edited:

wixxy2348

goldmambo #5.
HSC
Had an English tutor for a while in year eleven, mainly for essay-writing n shiz.
It was SO SO useful, basically coz he pushed me to try really hard with it, while also giving valid criticism etc
Made my essays a heap better, and I'm glad I had that month or so of tutoring.

(btw, not random comment, this is directed at the fool who suggested that tutoring isn't helpful.. tutoring MAKES you practice, over and over and over)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)