• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

English (1 Viewer)

greycats

Mister Monday
HSC
princy said:
I love English, which is why i'll be doing Extension Two.
lolz hi5 english is kool!1!!

I'm also doing extension two, know which thing you're doing in it(ie creative writing piece, essay etc)?

IceOnFire

HSC
mrzeidan1 said:
If english wasn't compulsory, how many of you would choose it? just curious
I would drop it, gladly.:)

But in some ways it is like maths, as in it is not compulsory but most people still do it anyways. So I will seriously consider whether I should drop it or not.

HSC
N/A
when all is said and done, the essay-writing skills you will learn in HSC english are a much-needed step to uni-level essays (if you think they're hard now...!!!)

That being said, I have massive issues with the HSC english syllabus. Too much time spent on cramming multi-syllable words down your throat, not enough time spent on basic "what do you think about this text?" "why?" "why do you think the author did this?" and stuff like that. :(

At this rate, I'm really expecting that having an english tutor will be "neccessary" for 50% of HSC english students sometime in the near future...

/rant

IceOnFire

HSC
glitterfairy said:
when all is said and done, the essay-writing skills you will learn in HSC english are a much-needed step to uni-level essays (if you think they're hard now...!!!)
For essays, do you mean those English essays, or Humanities style essays?

Just asking.. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)