Enroling in a course and choosing subjects? (1 Viewer)

HSC
Hey :)
congrats on everyones uni offers and results!

i just want to know, how the enrolment and choosing subjects al work in uni?
my friends and i realised that, we've been told how to get in to uni, but no one has ever really clarified what happens afterwards.

:)
thanks

tehpyro

Lord of Bored
HSC
Hey :)
congrats on everyones uni offers and results!

i just want to know, how the enrolment and choosing subjects al work in uni?
my friends and i realised that, we've been told how to get in to uni, but no one has ever really clarified what happens afterwards.

:)
thanks
At UTS, you start here: UTS: Start at UTS - University of Technology, Sydney

Just follow the prompts. It will set you up to accept the offer, tell you when you can enrol (you'll have to go in to UTS to do it), and pretty much everything else you need to know.

You can build a sample timetable: UTS: Class Timetable - Notice Board
Just choose the classes you'll be taking, and it will give you all the available times and days for that class.

kangms

HSC
On the enrolment day, this is what happens...
1) You enrol @ ur scheduled time with ur ID and the offer, the guy will give u instructions.
2) Go to a career adviser (the person gives you your 'ideal' timetable for the course,)
3) Enrol your subjects according to your timetable in the computer lab (this took me a while to get through T_T)
4) Go back to the tower, make your student ID. (they bloody take your photo with a webcam...)
That's what happend for my enrolment earlier this year, for engineering students.

summermagic

HSC
Ooh thanks for that, kangms. You were more helpful than the people I called up at the UTS Help Number...

mattbannister

HSC
I enrolled the other day, didn't get given an example timetable or anything like that. For me it was:
- go in, get given a few papers, check id and offer paper (they didn't do this to me cause I knew the guy),

- go to the next room, grab a computer, type in all subject codes one by one to enrol, choose between some different time workshops, have a look at the timetable (wasn't useful, couldn't print and didn't show everything), write all the details down,

- moved to the last room, photo taken, card given, leave.

dwarven

[SMSHS'08']
HSC
stupid question - how long did that take you?

Amne

<3
HSC
I enrolled the other day, didn't get given an example timetable or anything like that. For me it was:
- go in, get given a few papers, check id and offer paper (they didn't do this to me cause I knew the guy),

- go to the next room, grab a computer, type in all subject codes one by one to enrol, choose between some different time workshops, have a look at the timetable (wasn't useful, couldn't print and didn't show everything), write all the details down,

- moved to the last room, photo taken, card given, leave.
I thought I was the only one! I totally freaked out!!

It was the same for me. My timetable was ridiculous too, and I went home and played around with it, so that now I'm only there 4 days a week instead of 5, and its still messed up.

I'm not even 100% sure I've done it right. I guess that can all be cleared up on orientation day... I just really wish they had explained it on the day though. Stupid, really.

voguette

HSC
do you gt to chose subjects? or is 1st semester all planned out for you?
I'm doing a design course, and my whole first year was planned out for me. Basically it was all the requisites so that in 2nd Year you have all your options open. They just handed me a page with the codes for the 8 subjects I was required to do for the whole year, and then you type them into the web enrolment thing.

xtremedude

awesome member
HSC
i didnt know what i was doing when i chose all my subject times, i just chose all the subjects that the guy told me to and then i just chose the first available session time for lectures and stuff. Now i realise that i just made the most ridiculous timetable that's really inconvenient and doesn't make any sense.

does anyone know if i can change it now that i know what to do or is it too late?:confused:

kangms

HSC
You can withdraw from the subjects. Go to my student admin, enrolments then withdraw. It's not too late yet, since the late round students haven't even got a chance yet.

roadcone

HSC
or alternatively just go onto mysubjectactivities and see if there are classes for the subjects chosen offered at more convenient times.

xtremedude

awesome member
HSC
thanks theres actually no convenient alternatives lol, oh and i dunno if i should withdraw from the subjects because they're the ones that I'm supposed to do this year. Anyway doesn't matter ill figure it out later thanks

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)