enrolling S1+S2 (1 Viewer)

Pace_T

HSC
MeehShanku said:
um in the enrollin process, under STATISTICS question 15: Do u expect to complete ur entire program in session1 ? thats a NO right ?

Also, is a session like another name for a period??
i think session is semester
so there's session 1 and session 2 in each year

chris_c28

Random Member
HSC
MeehShanku said:
um in the enrollin process, under STATISTICS question 15: Do u expect to complete ur entire program in session1 ? thats a NO right ?

Also, is a session like another name for a period??
Unless you are completing your entire program in session 1, I think the appropriate answer is no.
A session is like a semester. The two major sessions are Session One, which runs in the first half of the year and Session Two which runs in the second half. Between these, there are the Winter and Summer sessions.

Rekkusu

Currently: Away
HSC
Though, don't worry if you pressed Yes for the question, because its statistics used by the Student Guild + UNSW during enrolment periods so that they can also help determine the number of classes [i.e. lectures, seminars, tutorials & labs] for semester 2 or Session 2.

J0n

N/A
HSC
L45er said:
I was only enrolled in session one last year and still got my card. I didn't choose any subjects and enrol in session two til i knew that id passed session one. So you dont have to choose your subjects or enrol in session two yet to get your card. Unless they've changed the system this year...
Thats what I thought/did too. Why are all these people saying we *have* to enroll for S2 *now*?

ellie*

HSC
If you only enrol for session 1 they'll still give you your student card, but they won't print your concession stamp on it. The best thing to do is just to enrol in what you think you might want to do next session so you can get your student card and concession at the same time, then fix it up later when you've had a think about what you actually want to do.

Cheers,
ellie

J0n

N/A
HSC
Hmm, last year I am pretty sure I only enrolled for S1, and still got the consession 'stamp' on my student card. Unless it is different now... Maybe I'll enroll S2 just to be on the safe side then.

EDIT: Come to think of it, perhaps I *did* enroll S2 at the beginning of last yr. I can't really remember. I'll enroll just in case then. Phew, I just noticed they extended the deadline.

Sweet, Richard's taking data org in S2. Maybe its not so bad after all that my timetable is screwed up, and I can't do higher data org... :)

Last edited:

_Mave_

HSC
Rekkusu said:
Yup, that's correct!

Because until you complete your enrolment, you will not be able to obtain the Student ID card. And completing the enrolment means you must enrol your preferred courses + electives before 28th February.

[If you enroll after 28th February, you will be charged a late enrolment fee]
So you actually have to enroll in all your courses for semester 2? - I have only enrolled in a maths course for S2, to get my student card + consecion will that be enough?

babydoll_

wat
HSC
N/A
for someone called clever angel with a uai of 99.6 you ask some pretty stupid questions

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)