Enrolling (1 Viewer)

bluesky100

Carly :-)
HSC
Originally posted by frenchy
It is true that you do get treated like crap by more qualified people, but then again you do it for a year at tafe, get the qualification, then the following year you can apply to uni to become a registered nurse, and that course will only take 2 years since you've got tafe qualification. Thats what i plan to do.

How kewl, yeh thats what i want to do, become a midwife.

Hi frenchy - does that mean you can enrol into Uni after completing the Cert. IV then start as a 2nd yr Nursing student? I assume you'd have to get really good grades though? Anyway, I've heard that you can enrol and start as a 2nd yr, but it always sounded too good to be true - hence my thinking you had to start as a 1st yr. Now TAFE isn't looking like such a 'bad' option after all.

frenchy

Hey hey, Yep you can enrol the following year into uni. I know for sure UTS offers it to enrolled nurses and so does UWS, so i'm pretty sure other universities offer it as well.
So thats what i'm going to do if on monday i get no uni offers for nursing.
Another good thing about doing TAFE first is that part of the training is working at a hospital, so no need for a part time job.

Last edited:

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
Originally posted by frenchy

If you havent checked it out, uac has released the 2004 uni cut offs]
Actually, UAC hasn't 'released' them, someone on here did a clever little trick and found the file on the server.....

Hehe I know its beside the point but I find it quite funny!

MissMacbeth

Mrs. Brandon Bruce Lee
HSC
it depends how popular it is - whether it's an October closing date or a random walk up to tafe whenever and enrol - ask your local tafe

Mr Wiggle

The Best
HSC
N/A
they say you have to apply by the closing date but i think if you turn up to the enrolment day they will still accept you bcause of the high drop out rate.

layzie bone

Originally posted by Mr Wiggle
Yes, they always say courses fill up quickly but if you come and enroll they will always accept you as they get more money for more student enrolled.

TAFE courses start on the second week of feb of each year but some courses like design start earlier.

Also if your on Centrelink benefit you can get a course exemption so make sure ask the information officer about it.
So at March if I apply, I can make it for a semester one course? Or Do I have to apply for a a semester 2 course, and does anyone know when Semester 2 courses application start?

MiSSi

I think its too late if you apply for a semester one course. You apply for semester 2 which opens on tues 27 april and closes fri 28 may.

Mr Wiggle

The Best
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by layzie bone
So at March if I apply, I can make it for a semester one course? Or Do I have to apply for a a semester 2 course, and does anyone know when Semester 2 courses application start?
No you cannot as MiSSi said you missed the closing deadline which was mid feb.

You have to wait untill mid april to apply for 2nd semester.

Benny23118

if i had a Cert IV in music would i be able to transfer into the conservatorium or even UNSW to do a B Mus?

Mr Wiggle

The Best
HSC
N/A
No because the lowest form of Academic required would be a diploma or above.
I think it would be best for you to do a Diploma in Music for a higher chances of your application succeding.

*DIVA*

HSC
N/A
Bump.

Does anyone know when re-enrolments are? The TAFENSW website isn't very clear.

Also, if I have missed the enrolment day and I am one semester away from finishing, can I enrol later if I have missed the date?

Another thing is, I am waiting to receive my tax return to pay for the fee and I get it in 2 weeks!

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
*DIVA* said:
Bump.

Does anyone know when re-enrolments are? The TAFENSW website isn't very clear.

Also, if I have missed the enrolment day and I am one semester away from finishing, can I enrol later if I have missed the date?

Another thing is, I am waiting to receive my tax return to pay for the fee and I get it in 2 weeks!
TAFE NSW does accept a certain amount of late enrollments, so you shouldn't have too much of a problem even if you are late. The main thing to do would be to contact your course co-ordinator and find out when you need to be in by.

Also, regarding payments, you do have to pay for at least the coming semester in order to enroll (AFAIK) so there's not much advice I can give you except to (again), talk to your course co-ordinator.

"Jason"

HSC
hey just wodering if anyone is doing now or planing on doin the personal trainering course in kingy or up the coast
i hav very limited sorces and no one is helpin me out
so yer i dont no what is goin on if u can do gyminstructor and personal trainer at the same time or what and what TAFEs accually have the coarse
:confused:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)